5. I dont like tampons

"Well done, Karishma. I'm always impressed by your dedication. I heard your plea for financial aid in the email you sent me last week. I was on a family vacation, I'm afraid I could not reply on time but I've taken time to write for you a recommendation letter and hopefully they consider you for international students aid." Mr Clifford told her. As soon as he did he watched her blossom from pessimistic to hopeful. He was surprised by the way his heart almost leapt out of his chest when she smiled widely. He was aware of her situation for the past few months. He'd always see her at the library till dawn. Just after sunrise; library. She had even asked for him to allow her to stay after class if he did not have any lecture that way she could study and do her assignments.

He felt sorry for her.

"Thank you so much Mr Clifford, this means so much to me."

"Of course, you're one of my favorite students by far. I commented on your academic contributions to date, future goals, and research experience you've done. Hopefully it helps."

"It will, you have no idea." She sighed.

"Hey, why the sad face? Everything will be alright. You won't lose this."

"Sir, it's just... it's just I blame my parents. They knew we couldn't afford this. They knew we could only afford to pay for one semester, my dorm... the flights everything. I won't be going home for the next four years because a flight ticket is off the budget. My parents are in debt already as it is. All for the sake of wanting to be seen. I don't even have..." she kept silent embarrassed, this was not her friend, why did she feel so comfortable confiding in him. Perhaps it was his calm nature, he gave her this understanding aura. His smile made her want fumble and jitter. Karishma immediately dismissed her thoughts. She did not see him that way, he was a respectable member of the university faculty. Baby blue shirts looked so good on him, she thought... getting distracted. It was visible that he worked out. The way the fabric hugged his chest and biceps. For a moment she day dreamed away from her gloominess. He was leaning against his mahogany desk in the lecture room. Karishma thought he had a beautiful smile, it was hard not to notice. She told herself it was a harmless crush she wouldn't allow it to go too far. She liked the way he made her feel. She felt determined to do better, for herself and also to impress him. He always had this look on his face when he read her work. A look of admiration.

"I'm sure they meant well. They wanted to give you a big shot. If you had never came then you would always wondered what if? What if's are the worst thoughts to have, I can assure you that. You're here, everything will turn out okay. You're a very smart girl. I believe in you, it's only been three months and I'm always thoroughly impressed."

Blushing, she looked up only to see him already staring at her. Eye contact was hard to comprehend. She looked away quickly. He had a such a defined face, she assumed he was Ian Somerhalder's cousin. Perhaps she had binged a bit too much of Vampire diaries the night before. Regardless her stomach tingled. She felt as if this was her weakness, she would always mistaken kindness for... flirtation.

"Thank you sir..." that was her only ever response not knowing how to take compliments.

"You don't even have...? You never finished your sentence."

She shied away from the question. "It's not important. I have to—"

"Tell you what? Wait for me at 6:30pm at the library. We're going to shop for necessities and get you food. I understand, don't thank me. Just until you get financial aid, I know you do not accept such acts of kindness like how you utterly rejected my coffee."