8. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳.

Chronicles of a cheating husband.

We've all been there, be it with a boyfriend or husband. We've all been there. I've never been one to expose my personal life but, I've always strived to make my blog the most authentic there is. One that vulnerable women could relate to. I will never pretend to have a perfect marriage. I will never pretend to be a perfect mother or wife either. I'm still learning and new to all this. My goal with this lifewithrach.com was authenticity always. I feel I haven't been fully honest, I'm not in a good place. Reason being why I took a short break from social media. I figured, someone out there might be in the situation that I am in. I refuse to be broken. I refuse to sit here and feel sorry for myself. I want to inspire someone to never give up. To never allow anyone to ruin your happiness. To never seek validation. To soldier on always.

"You need to have a word with her." Hunter's older brother told him over coffee. Exhausted, Hunter browsed through his wife's latest blog post. He was tired, tired of the fights, tired of it all. "She is displaying every single thing about your lives from the good to the bad. No privacy what so ever, thank goodness they do not know who her husband is but regardless things could be worse. The internet is a scary place, her fans could have you lose your job... even worse if they find Karishma."

Letting out a sigh, he mustered a optimistic attitude. "I will talk to her."

"You better! Before mom and dad find out. They adore Rachel, this will not be good at all." Dave added, he was the third born in the Clifford family of four kids. He was happily married and had been for, longer than Hunter. He had experience better experience with women being more outgoing. He was someone Hunter could confide in. Only being three years apart, they shared a friend-like bond. Standing at 5'8 tall, something that had greatly upset him was his younger brother being taller than him. First impressions this man had an unfriendly feel about him, so did Hunter; it seemed to be a family thing. They seemed intimidating until they finally spoke. Slender with pale skin, this man had a simultaneous naive feel about him. His dark green eyes stern and alert. Dave's medium-long, brunette hair elaborately styled. He usually wore new, tacky clothes that were loose. Hunter made fun of him always.

It was silent, as Hunter distracted himself with the checked coffee table cloth. The diner was not busy at all. He looked around, unable to look at his brother who day on the opposite seat. The red booths were always her favorite, he had so many memories here.

"How's she?" Dave asked.

"Rachel? Yeah blogging a shit ton of dirt on our marriage. Next thing you know she will be recording our marriage counseling sessions. Just who does she think she is inspiring? More like people enjoying drama and destruction." Dave could not hold it in, laughing hard enough he nearly choked. He could tell his brother was pissed to the core. Hunter narrowed his eyes at his brother, so distasteful he could not stomach the croissants in front of him.

"I mean the other her."

"Oh... I have no idea actually since she fucked me one last time then abruptly blocked me. Does that even make sense?"

"Smart move! Wait a go Karishma!" Dave pocked fun at his brother who was not amused at all. Hunter seemed burgled by the whole situation, why would she block him. After everything they had been through together, she simply went on to block him? This wasn't the first time that she had but it certain was the longest she had kept it up. Usually she'd unblock him but not this time. Worse that she had not being attending any of his classes. He found himself not being able to focus. Every time a student with the same length and dark hair came in, he felt his whole body jolt with excitement. Only to be disappointed when they finally turned to look upfront.

"You think?"

"I mean c'mon bud, you're attending marriage counseling with your wife, what exactly do you want her to do? To join you both and feature in TLC polygamy series."

"She could at least attend class, I mean I still want her to graduate. I know how important this is for her."

"You know... I fail to understand how you weren't careful."

"Can we not talk about that..!"

"Ofcourse..."

"It just happened, we did not plan it. It just happened, she was on the pill and yeah, shit happened. No offense Dave, I'm just a bit confused right now. My life is not going accordingly. I have a lot on my plate and..."

"Who do you love anyways..."

"I love them both." Hunter said guilty as charged. "I care for both of them. I do not want to hurt them the way that I have already. They both mean so much to me."

"That's the thing, with being indecisive. You're hurting them much more."

"Karishma already made it clear that, I should go back to my wife and I'd like to think it's for the best. It's hard but it's only right, for everyone. Most of all Hailey."

"Yeah, I believe you; staying away from Karishma. I really believe you Hunter because you've been singing the same song every three months for the past three years. Good job! Keep it up!"

"I mean it this time...! It will be hard seeing her and being forced to speak formally and pretend we didn't have anything occur between us."

"You will get through this!" Dave encouraged now more serious than he had been. The similarities between them were uncanny.

"I will!"

"Once she finds out, I've been the one paying her tuition fees. Knowing her, she will be very upset."

"You could have told her."

"She really needed this and I didn't have the heart to tell her that, she wasn't considered for the scholarship. I had the money, I don't see why I couldn't sponsor her...." whispering lowly. "I love her. It's so hard, it's so hard not knowing how she is doing or what is going on in her life."

"Look, she will find out sooner or later. You're not a bad person for wanting to help. Alright bud?"

"Yeah but you know Karishma she will overthink this and assume it was me paying for her services. Which is just disgusting if we're being honest, I'd never take advantage of her in that way. We both consented to everything that we did together..."

Dave listened as his brother continued to rant and rant and rant. He seemed so miserable, a state he had never seen him in. He was always an optimist. The perfect son, considerate and—

Dave has never imagined, this would be his brother's life in a few.

16 votes + 10 comments
Thanks again x