7. Am i getting old?

Hunter : Good day Karishma, You missed three classes, everything alright? I thought you were concerned for getting a scholarship. Your class attendance could play a big role in the choosing of a more dedicated student.

Karishma: Good day sir/Hunter. Thank you for being concerned but it was nothing. I went on a couple of tinder dates.

Hunter : in other words you mean to inform me that a tinder date was far more important than anything I have to teach in my classes? I find that very questionable in character.

Karishma : it's not that deep, chill.

Hunter : That's something you'd never say doubt that, not in a million years. Is this really you?

Karishma : damn right it's not, this is her roommate and since when do Hofstra Professors with thousands of students have time to do individual class registers? So what she missed a few classes. Let her live a little. She can't always be studying and going for coffee with you. If you find anything questionable? Sir that's questionable.

Taken aback, feeling accused of something that he was trying just as hard to deny. Was it really questionable that he cared for a student? He had cared for many students before? He had texted them asking why they had not attended class... what was questionable about this. He was anxious but he had her best interests at heart. Hunter genuinely wanted what was best for her and tinder dates? They called tinder dates living? He remembered his college days, he had so much fun. He was in a fraternity house. Yes, he slacked off a bit and went crazy but he was always one step ahead of his academics. Alpha Gamma Omega, a UCLA Christ-centered fraternity. His father would only agree to him staying in a frat house if it was Christian based. What he missed about Los Angeles? When you start driving north and you see the Hollywood sign right before sunset. That's where he has proposed to Rachel. What else did he miss about LA? perhaps the old buildings that made him feel as if he was in a time capsule. Outside concerts no matter the season. So many memories, he had there. Attending Coachella four times in a row until he got sick of actually being there. He also missed how easy it was to have a romantic moment because the weather was always in the mood. In New York, he could only imagine kissing Karishma while cars hooted left right and center, bustling sounds of traffic, hundreds of people walking past them, pushing them over the shoulder and minding their own business.

Wait, kiss Karishma? When it came to being romantic was his first thought really her... it did not sit well with him how comfortable she was starting to make him feel.

"Am I getting old?" He asked Rachel while having dinner. She carefully cut out small pieces so Hailey could eat without any hazards occurring. His wife gave him a small smile, she found it adorable the way he had asked her. Hunter, loved her. It was those small glimpses of her smile that made him realize he wasn't missing out on anything. This was whom he really wanted to be with for eternity. No woman could ever compare.

"Are you?" She replied playfully. Three year old Hailey was occupied with her food. Not minding her parents.

"I asked you!" He chuckled.

"I'm asking you, since you brought it up. Hun? You will only be thirty in another year and if that's what is scaring you then don't be. You're still younger and why does that even matter. You're doing well for yourself. You're married, you have a beautiful daughter, you have so many achievements, you have a beautiful family, a respectable job, you even bought that expensive car you wanted. You're doing great for your age, getting old is a part of life and we should embrace every moment."

"You really turnt this into a blog post." He teased.

"Good idea! Woah! I was actually stuck on what this week's issue should be. 'Approaching thirty' you give me so much inspiration. Thanks hun."

With a smirk because this happened everything other week. He replied, "No problem."

"But should it be 'fears of approaching the thirties or approaching thirties'" she asked curious to hear what he had to say. She always loved to hear his feedback. Hunter was a smart guy, very observant. She loved those qualities about him.

"Fears of approaching the thirties." Groaning he looked at Hailey. "We know exactly what mommy is going to write don't we? 'One day I was having supper with my husband and he looked at me intensely. I wondered what was wrong and he asked me the question... am I getting old."

Hailey didn't understand a word but she giggled because he wouldn't stop reaching over to tickle her. His wife was in awe as always. "We love a supportive husband." She grinned, clearing the table.

"You know all my Instagram followers are always asking why we never post much together."

"That's your thing Rachel, plus social media is really not my scene. I'm a professor, I wouldn't want to be seen a little too much on your blog like it's a family YouTube channel."

"I know, I know... but they love you. They think you're sexy! Literally every comment is about how good looking you're."

Fluttered he shook his head. "More reason as not to post me. People should be there for your blog not pictures of your sexy hot hunk of a man." He teased, helping her with the dishes.

"Is he a hunk? I had no idea?" She teased back coming into his arms. He backed her against the kitchen counter and muttered. "It's time for Hailey's bed time."

"What? You don't like an audience. Remember when we would have sex at the movies and possibly anywhere. You were always a freak Hunter!"

"Me, a freak. You digress, you're the freak."

Both laughing, they kissed briefly.

"And oh, I reached 15k on Instagram today. Mind buying me those balloons when you get back from work tomorrow."

He gave her a perk on the lips. "No problem, cake too?"

"Nah, I will just bake one."

"Great, thanks guys for 15k... I love you!" He mimicked his wife's voice.

"Hunter you're such a clown how do your students take you seriously?" She said hitting his chest lightly.

"As your personal photographer. I quit."

"But why?"

"You called me a clown." He joked.

"My clown though..."

"Alright wait that does sound better. Since I'm your clown are you the circus?"

"This is why I don't like you."

"Yes exactly you love me."

She only rolled her eyes at him.

Their relationship had always been this way. It was evident, they had came a long way and loved each other.

Let me know what you think and thank you for giving it a shot.