Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:
(This one will be a little longer so I can add some improvements towards Suga and Daichi.)

Suga:
As I walked through the front door, I was greeted by my mom. She kissed my cheek and looked down at Hinata.
"Who is this cutie?" she asked, tilting her head. "He looks like your teammate with the orange hair."
I smile and let her coo over him as I explained the mystery of his turnings into a baby.
"Are you sure he isn't just Hinata's little brother?" she asked.
I nod. "Turned into a baby in the middle of practice this morning."
She frowned and looked at Hinata. "Do his parents know?"
I make an indecisive noise, making her raise an eyebrow.
"Kiyoko doesn't want to have his parents worry about him."
She sighed before nodding and letting me go to my room with Hinata in my arms.
"I better not get a call about Hinata missing from his parents Koshi Sugawara, " she said, her words muffled from the walls and my closed door.
"You won't!" I call back. "Unless they call to confirm that Hinata is staying over this week!"
"Just keep him happy and you will not be grounded, young man!"
I chuckle and change him into some of my sister's clothes. He looked so cute with the pink shirt. I buttoned the two flaps on the bottom that went between his legs. Just as I finished, I smelt something awful from Hinata.
I sigh and take him to my sister's room to change him.
I flew through the changing easily, knowing what to do. I cleaned my hands with one of the wipes and left the room, closing the door quietly as not to wake my sleeping sister.
I held him on my hip and walked into the living room, surprised to see Daichi.
He chuckled nervously and my mother smiled carefully at me.
"I didn't know you and him were dating, " she cooed at me.
Hinata let out a confused noise and I blushed, stammering.
"No—yes—friendship—no...we aren't dating, Mom, " I said finally.
Daichi looked away and Hinata laughed happily in my arms. My mom took the job of feeding him. She begged me to let her do it but with a stern glare, I gave in. I didn't want to be left alone with Daichi. It was embarrassing enough.
I clasp my hands together and rock on my heels, looking anywhere but Daichi.
"Daichi, honey, are you staying for dinner tonight?" my mom asked as she prepared the milk.
Daichi looked at me and I shrugged. It's his stomach.
"Sure?" he said uncertainly.
My mom flashed me a smile. "Can you start on dinner for me, honey?" she asked me. I nod quickly, grateful to leave the awkward moment behind. I washed my hands and began to take the rice out, putting it in the strain and rinsing it under the running water. I set the rice in the rice maker and filled it with some water to keep it moist.
(This is how I make rice at my house.)
I closed the lid and pressed start.
I worked on the eggs while Mom fed Hinata, Daichi watched me from the doorway of the kitchen.
"Daichi, you can watch TV in the living room if you'd like," my mom offered as she began to burp Hinata.
He shook his head and continued to watch me.
"Is my son entertainment enough?" she teased him. I blushed and accidentally crushed the egg shells in my hand. I yelped as the goo went between my fingers.
I threw it away as my mom giggled at my reaction. I shot her a glare and she wiggled her eyebrows.
I washed my hands and dried them again. I began hastily mixing the eggs and feeling my face heat up more, spreading to my ears.
Was it just me, or was it too hot in the room?
I thought of fanning myself but didn't and just opened the window above the sink, taking deep breathes of the air that came in through the window. It smelt of rain, just before or after. It was soothing and my cheeks cooled as I thought of walking in the rain. It was relaxing.
I finished mixing the eggs and moved onto cutting up some greens to add to the fried rice mix.
I finished that quickly and got a pan out, humming to myself as I got lost in the thoughts of rain and the calming waves that was raidating through the window from the backyard.
I poured the eggs into the pan and used a spatula to mix it. I hummed softly as I focused on scrambling the eggs into small pieces.
After it was done, I set the pan on a dish towel to let the eggs cool off.
The rice maker dinged and I opened the lid, taking some and putting on the other pan on the stove, I poured soy sauce on it and mixed it adding the greens and eggs every once in a while.
I added some more water as the rice turned a light brown. The smell was enticing and made my mouth water. It would be delicious.
———
Daichi thanked me for dinner. I smile and nod. I got up and grabbed an apple, earning a look from my mom. I went outside. It was drizzling, but barely.
I smile happily and bit into the apple, taking in the sweet smell of apple juice and rain.
I stood under the porch, sitting on the swinging bench. It was a little damp from the mist that was visible but not too wet.
I swung gently, jumping when Daichi came into my line of vision suddenly.
"Can I sit here?"
(I know this isn't really a 'cliff hanger' but it is kind of late and I want to just relax and watch memes. And you're welcome for making this chapter 900+ words instead of 400-500 words.
😄Enjoy your day/night.)