The Aftermath

Much to my dismay, my desire had not been granted and I woke to the sound of Jordan’s voice and that of another man. I couldn’t see anything but the material across my eyes had been lightly wrapped and it was much softer than the other fabric Jordan had been using as a blindfold. Unfortunately, I soon found out why. 

“She has a fair amount of internal bleeding and a concussion. Her eyes are probably the most severe of the wounds though,” The voice explained forcefully, a hint of anger laced through each word. Jordan hummed an acknowledgement, urging the other man to continue his findings. 

“The right eye has a strong possibility of going completely blind if it is attacked before it has time to heal properly and her ankles are broken. The right in three places and the left in two, she will need a complex cast on both.” 

“Anything else?” I heard Jordan ask, his tone completely void of any emotion. 

“Just above her left eye is a deep laceration that I’ve stitched up. Her torso, arms and legs are severely bruised and her shoulder was dislocated but should heal fine.” The guy that was speaking sounded as though he were genuinely concerned for me, which, most obscurely, made me want to cry. 

“How long do the bandages have to stay on?” 

“Which ones?”

“Around her eyes.” 

Jordan sounded as though he was losing his patience. 

“I’ll change them in a moment but beyond that, I would recommend that they stay in place for another three weeks or so.” 

That particular piece of advice displeased both Jordan and I. 

“Fine. Now, wake her up.” Jordan snapped, annoyed by the thought of me resting. 

To save any unexpected assault coming to me, I manoeuvred myself from my side to where I was lying flat on my back. The small action thrust a wave of sheer agony through my shoulder, stomach, wrists and throat but it did what I intended it to do and alerted the two men that I was already conscious. 

Though I couldn’t see, I could feel and smell the rough material of a thin, piss-stained mattress beneath me. The springs dug uncomfortably into my side and the satiny fabric was so itchy! However, any type of grievance I made would only result in more pain and that was something I really didn’t need. Jordan was so concerned about keeping me prisoner that despite having two broken ankles and being temporarily blinded, he was still under the delusion that I was going to make a break for it and so, at the expense of his insanity once again, I suffered for it. 

I could feel the pressure of a short chain  latched around my right ankle.  A rope was fastened around my throat and I assumed by the bite of its harsh strands whenever I moved, that the opposite end was connected to the wall behind me. My hands were, of course, tied together in front of me and what felt to be zip ties held my knees together. 

The psychopath really was paranoid about me getting away. Despite my desperation to be liberated from Jordan, it wasn’t anywhere close to the top of my priorities at that moment in time. 

“She’s awake,” The unfamiliar voice announced as he fiddled with the knot at the back of the bandages around my head. 

“I can see that, Coleson.” Jordan snapped, clearly irritated that he wouldn’t be able to have me slaving over him for quite some time.

When the bandages were removed, my vision was at an estimated seven percent at best and that was in my left eye. My right could see nothing but darkness. I could see Jordan standing to the side of me but not all that well. I managed to make out that he had changed his clothes. He was now wearing the t-shirt I had brought him for our third anniversary, the blue one with the motorcycle logo stitched on the right side pocket.  It matched well with the black jeans and trainers he had on too. His hair was swept back and damp, most likely from a recent shower but his face was still just as frightening as it had been when he was pressing that blade into my eyes.