Expectations

My mental state was at an all time low and the thought of leaning forward against the rope tied around my throat, was becoming a most enticing idea. I wanted nothing more than to switch it all off; the pain, the constant degradation, the ownership Jordan had over me. It was all so overwhelming and unbearable. 

Thoughts of my father and mother kept me teetering on the edge of choking myself and though those memories were wearing thin, the thought of my father’s embrace and my mother’s beautiful smile, just managed to keep me from ending it all. 

Days and nights had welded together, each day the exact same as the last. I had lost count as to how many days it had been since I last heard from Jordan or Jase but I had been immensely grateful for their absence. With the two of them keeping their distance, my ailed body was able to convalesce. 

Of course, Jordan had another of his associates check in on me, ensuring I hadn’t escaped the overexaggerated restraints and to feed me a diminutive amount of rotten and mouldy food but other than him, I had been mostly left alone. 

This particular psychopath was Silas Eldergreen and out of all of them he was a close second to being the most mentally unstable between him and Jase. 

I hadn’t seen him, given that my eyes had yet to recover but his signature wake up call wouldn’t be something I would forget in a hurry. 

He would enter the cell, whistling jocosely and would start by emptying the contents of the catheter bag latched around my leg. Most normal people would use a bottle to discard the urine but Silas had decided that it would be a better idea to pour it all over the floor. The stench was revolting and inescapable. I surmised it was just another way to make me suffer. 

Once that was done, Silas would then make sure I woke up by stomping his foot onto my broken ankle, ensuring to apply all of his weight so that I was left wailing in agony. 

When it came to feeding me, Silas found it absolutely hilarious to throw the bread at me, knowing damn well I was so tightly bound I would not be able to retrieve it. This was all just a big game for them. I was just a toy for them to mock, downtrod and beat.  

 Thankfully, every couple of days, Coleson would come in and change the dressings on my eyes and after seeing how far the small pile of soggy bread was, kindly decided to feed me. On the odd occasion, Coleson even snuck me in a small chocolate bar which honestly tasted like heaven. 

 Regardless of his participation in holding me captive, I liked Coleson. He talked to me and treated me like an actual human being. It was a refreshing change from the consistency of being called and being treated like a worthless whore. 

Neither of us were supposed to speak to the other during our interactions as ordered by Jordan but we had agreed to keep our encounters secret. Nobody needed to know. Coleson had said he believed insanity would set in for the both of us if we did not have some communication. We would talk about trivial things mostly, like the weather or what I would be getting to eat later on that day but it was just lovely to be able to speak at all. 
Unfortunately, the luxury of not seeing nor hearing from Jordan and Jase was not to last and after three or so weeks,  the both of them burst through the door just as boisterous as always. I couldn’t share their enthusiasm. If I never saw either of them again it would be too fucking soon. 

I remained motionless, staring at the moss lodged inside a small crevice in the wall. My right eye was still bandaged up but my left was fully functional again which I was thankful for. Somehow, being able to see again reduced that crushing sense of vulnerability. 

“There’s my sweet girl!” Jordan beamed, collapsing down on the mattress beside me. He was freshly showered, the smell of his shower gel and aftershave shrouded over me like an itchy blanket.  He threw his arm over my waist and pulled me back against him.