Unwanted Memories

'Julia, the receptionist who had worked at the clinic from the year dot had offered me a lift home. I'd refused, I just needed some time to clear my head,' I began to explain, smiling meekly at the thought of the dear old lady who had always offered to share her scone with me at lunchtime. She was a sweet soul, one who never raised her voice, acted superior or even complained about the workload. Julia was always ready to help in anyway she could. I missed seeing her kind grin each morning.

'Anyway, I packed my bag and said goodnight to the Dr Harding, the dermatologist I had worked alongside of for the day and headed out,'
Phoenix was listening intently, his eyes glued to me as each word flowed from my mouth.
'I put my headphones in and walked through the High street to get to East Hill. Half way down I felt strange, like I was-' I paused and shook my head. I had felt potently that someone was watching me and yet I still convinced myself that I was just being paranoid. I tell that to Phoenix and he kindly says that he would have done the same thing.
'When Jordan and I had been dating I suffered majorly with agoraphobia. He always got so mad if I went out without him, even if it was just popping to the shop. So naturally, I just thought it was the remnants of that fear rearing it's head'.
The tears were dribbling but I wanted...no I needed to carry on. This was the next step to accepting what my life now was and how it had come to be that way.
'There was an alley near the end of the hill which cut away about half hour from the journey home. On an normal day at a more holy hour, it was usually quite busy but given that it was nine thirty in the evening and that England were playing in the finals of the Euros, everybody was already settled at home'.
'You don't need to carry on if it's too much, darling'
With his rich Californian accent the way he said 'darling' distracted me almost instantly. It was a guilty pleasure of mine and helped to stop my tears.
'It's okay, I want to go on. I walked down the alley but hadn't heard my assailant approach me from behind' I pause again reliving that terrifying moment that Jase gripped one arm around my throat and clamped his free hand across my mouth. I hadn't even the time to scream before I registered what was happening.
'He said if I behaved and went with him quietly then he wouldn't-' I take a shaky breath, my tearful gaze meeting Phoenix's intense one.
'He wouldn't rape me, so despite being taught lifelong to never go to a second location with an assailant, I foolishly did'.
'He released me briefly, whilst he slid the door to his van open which I ceased as an opportunity to hit and run. Which is exactly what I did,' I continued, a small triumphant smirk curving my lips as I recalled how I'd kneed Jase in the bollocks.
Phoenix seemed to find happiness with the idea of Jase being hurt too.
'I ran for it, screaming at the top of my lungs but he was more agile and tackled me to the ground. I clawed at him, I even landed two or three punches against him but he eventually overpowered me.'
I felt sick, I could still feel Jase's full body weight pressing down on me, I could still feel the warmth of his breath across my neck as he pressed a revolting kiss on my jugular. I'd zoned out again.
'It's okay baby, he's not here now'
It didn't offer much consolation as I knew I was now in a worse position than I was back then.
'He drugged me,' I clear my throat and take a breath. 'Chloroform I think, they seem to be frivolous with it don't they?' I scoffed lightly thinking how many times I'd been drugged in the last year.
'I woke up and I was bound, gagged and blindfolded. Not much has changed,' I smirked at the dark humour as did Phoenix who looked more alluring than ever as he sat with his head resting against the wall.
'I'm sorry that we've all done this to you, Cameron, Coleson and I voted against it but we were outnumbered' He explained, surprising me.
'Is that why you were all so friendly to me?'
'For Cameron and Coleson, yeah. For me, I just-' he sighed and closed his eyes, trying to find the right words.
'I just liked you straight from the off, you were fiesty and rebellious and funny too'.
I grinned at the compliments.
'I like you, mainly because of your height. I've always had a thing for tall guys,' I say nonchalantly, giving him a playful wink. I liked him for much more than his height but it was an added bonus - his hugs were second to none.
'Oh I see, you're just using me for protection' He jests.

I go to retort but sharply shut my mouth when the door is slammed open by Jordan and Bree, each looking dishevelled and sweaty.
'Get him up' Bree orders. At first I thought she was speaking to Jordan and I felt a little bit of sadistic satisfaction that he was being bossed around but then two men I hadn't seen before walked in from behind her.
'We're going to have fun murdering this one' Jordan sneers, his eyes locked in mine.
I look frantically at Phoenix, terrified that Jordan was intending to fulfil the promise he had made before he drugged me. Not knowing what else to do, I resort to the one thing I truly hated to do.
'Jordan, please don't hurt him. I beg you, please'.
His vile lips twitch into a cruel smirk and his gaze were alive with lust. Jordan adored when I was entirely submissive, it fed into his narcissism and his need for ultimate control over me.
'What's in it for me, sweet cheeks?'
He kneels down in front of me, his face not far from mine and his fingers fiddling with a tendril of my filthy hair.
'I'll behave for you'
He scoffs at that, knowing as well as I, that there was no way I would adhere to the promise.
'But darling, you are going to behave anyway because if you don't, I'll break each of your bones one by one'.
The sincerity had such a powerful toll over me, I knew he wouldn't hesitate to follow through.
'What more do you want from me? You have me held against my will, you have impregnated me, you have restricted my ability to move...' I take a small breath, my anger simmering just beneath the surface.
'What else can you possibly want from me?'

Phoenix was now stood at his full height just inside the door. The two men flanking him on each side looked extremely silly given that both were immensely shorter than him. By the look in his eye, he wanted to go for Jordan's jugular but he had been gagged whilst I was trying to negotiate a compromise for his life.
'You' Jordan replies bluntly as he gently stroked his finger down my cheek.
'But you already-' His hand shuts me up.
'I want your full submission, I want the very best level of behaviour and I want you to be my wife'.

Dun dun dun!
Adara and Phoenix have a secret, not yet proclaimed love and Jordan's putting a massive barrier in the way!
Word count - 1291