The Ultimatum

Everywhere was eerily quiet and had my nerves entirely on edge. Before Cameron drugged me I was able to hear Phoenix shouting to Jordan but for the last several hours, I had heard nothing and that had my anxiety raging. Was he okay? Had Jordan maimed him? Was he still breathing? The fearful thoughts raced around my head, each getting more intense and more dire by the second.

'I swear to christ, Adara if you don't go to sleep sometime soon I'm going to hit you so hard that you'll sleep for a fortnight' Jordan hisses, startling me. I thought the prick was asleep, evidently not.
'Actually, since you're wide awake, I have a proposition for you,' He continues, moving into a position where his face was a mere inch from mine.
His tone was cause for alarm, he had a dirty play in his cards and something told me I was going to bare the brunt of it.
Before he elaborates, Jordan presses his fingers beneath my jaw and presses my head upward. He leans forward and kisses where my lips would have been had they not been taped over. I don't move nor react. He was seemingly calm and I didn't want to provoke him.
'God, I want you so bad' He mutters more to himself than me. I flinch as he placed his palm against my bruised cheek and struggled to keep my breathing at a rhythmic pace.

'I'm a bit tired of playing games though baby girl,' 
Ah here it comes. His hand grips around my throat, not excessively but enough for me to heed the warning not to move, flinch or piss him off.
'I've been chasing you and wanting you to love me for over a year now and I've got to say, it's gotten a bit tedious'.
'So, I am giving you this final choice,' he pauses, his smile looking so much more creepy in the dark.
'I set you free....' He smirks at my expression.
Despite feeling a shred of optimism about the beginning of his proposal, I knew there would be a severe consequence to me choosing that option.
'But I slit Phoenix's throat'.
There it was. He knew damn well I would never allow Phoenix to die and if that were not enough, he proceeded to break my heart ever so much more.
'And if that is not enough, I will then move on to Andre and his newborn daughter Galia'.
Andre was a father? I was an Aunt to a niece? My parents were now grandparents?!

I couldn't help but drop my head to my chest in utter defeat. Life had continued to go on whilst I was still a prisoner. I wasn't sure what I was expecting. Of course the bloody world wasn't going to stop just because I'd been kidnapped. The tears fell by the dozen and thick, heartbreaking sobs heaved through my chest. This was all so fucking unfair.

Noticing my upset but not giving a shit about it, Jordan continued with the other half of his proposal.
'Or you come with Jase and I without any fuss and you and I get married in Sicily next week'.

Of course, I had very little to contemplate.

'Use your fingers to tell me which avenue you want to take baby girl,'.

There wasn't any way I would risk my family for my own freedom. I'd much prefer to continue to suffer than anything happen to them, especially precious Galia.
Phoenix was my one, the one I wanted to marry, the one I wanted to carry our children for. He was my one and there was no way in hell I could let him die either.

I put two of my fingers up, tapping the headboard to make Jordan see what I had chosen.
'Good girl, we leave on Friday'.
He turns onto his side to go back to sleep but I try and speak.
Sighing he partially pulls the tape from my mouth.
'What?'
'Let me spend these next three days with Phoenix' I command leaving no room for dispute. If he was going to keep me captive as his wife until the day I died then I wanted to touch, kiss and make love to Phoenix in the short time we had left.
'And why the fuck would I do that?'
'Because I will not fight you after those three days end. I will submit to you and do anything you ask of me,' I reply sincerely. I meant it. If it meant keeping my family and Phoenix safe, then I would behave flawlessly for Jordan.
'Fine, you can have until Friday evening, after that you fulfil your promise or I'll kill them all'.
To prove my promise, I reply with 'Yes, I understand. Thank you, Master'.

Pressing the tape back across my lips, Jordan presses a kiss to my temple and praises me. He settles back down into the bed and falls asleep not long after, leaving me to wallow in my sorrow.

Sleep didn't come easy for the rest of that night but I suppose that's to be expected when one is to become the bride of a complete and total psychopath. However, I sought comfort by imagining how Galia looked. Did she have Andre's curls and Marie's blonde shade? Did she have Dad's green eyes and Mum's long eyelashes. Did she have my pixie-like ears and button nose? But as all of this crossed my mind I couldn't stop the inevitable question of if she even knew about me. Would Andre have told little Galia about her missing Auntie?

Probably not. I was presumed dead now. The police had done their searching for a live victim, now they were just hoping for a body to pop up in a ditch somewhere. The thought was morbid but realistic.
I wasn't sure that after everything Jordan had done to me, that I would ever be able to live the life I once had. I was sure I would forever be looking over my shoulder, I would never sleep soundly and I would never stop worrying that Jordan was watching me from afar.
I was trying to make the best of an awful situation but it offered little solace.

I had started to forget about how my mum's hugs felt, I longed to play fight with my father and celebrate my win despite him allowing it to happen and my heart ached to meet little Galia.

Having had enough of life, I try my hardest to find a comfortable position and make a feeble and pointless attempt to fall asleep.

Word count - 1121
And he has gotten one over on her again.
What will Phoenix say?!