From His Standpoint Pt 2

Adara woke with a loud gasp, her body convulsing as her eyes scanned the room, wide and terrified. She tries to sit forward but is pulled back down by Jase.

'Adara?' Coleson asked, taking hold of her hand in his. Tears fell down her cheek by the thousands, though she remained mute.

'Adara?' Coleson tries again. Her head snaps towards him, a slight and I mean very slight expression of relief washing over her features as she realises who was addressing her.

'Do you know where you are?'

She nods.

'Do you know who I am?'

She nods, though by the confusion and vacancy glazing her stare, Coleson was not convinced.

'Course she fucking knows you, she's trying to play you' Jordan snaps, though his eyes had a panicked look about them.

'Jordan, she may be getting confused because Jase and you are here. Fear makes the delusion worse, if the both of you leave, I can perhaps bring her back,' Coleson explains.

In one, unexpected second Jordan has Coleson against the wall, his hand gripped around his throat.

'You better not be trying nothing, Coleson. I'll have you replaced faster than you can fucking blink' He hissed. I felt my heart pound painfully against the plate of my chest and though I wanted to help Coleson, I knew better than to intervene. I spared a quick glance to Adara who was wringing her hands together anxiously, her face had somehow paled further and illuminated just how sunken in her eye sockets were.

'I wasn't intending to try anything other than to fix your fucking girlfriend, Jordan!' Coleson roared, his face reddening. I couldn't decipher whether it was through rage or lack of oxygen.

My eyes darted to Adara once more, her eyes filling with despairing tears as she consumed Coleson's words. I suspected she was hurt for being depicted as 'broken'.

Jordan lets Coleson down before leaving the room with Jase in tow.

'Adara, can you say my name?' Coleson asks tenderly, fixing his collar.

'Coleson, you're the one who tends to my wounds' She says almost numbly.

'That's right and do you know who that gentleman is?' He queries, pointing to where I was standing, another cigarette hanging from my mouth.

Lifting her head to look at me, a wide smile pierces her pale face, her eyes wide in disillusioned joy. She nods like one of those bobble-heads you get for your dashboard.

'And who is that, Adara?' Coleson asks, unnerved by her joyful expression.

'That's my brother, Andre!' She beams, lurching off of the bed. Coleson tries to grab her but I shake my head that it's okay for her to come to me.

Adara wraps her tiny arms around my neck and engulfs me into a tight embrace, which to me, significantly larger than her small build, felt lighter than a feather. I placed my arms around her softly, offering her the comfort her traumatised mindset needed.

'I missed you so much' She weeps, nestling her tear-stained face into my chest. Not wanting to add to her delusion, I shushed her, sliding us both into a sitting position on the floor. I cradled her, stroking her back as thick, despairing sobs wracked through her body.

As tough as I like to think I may be, it was hard for me to watch a twenty-four year old female having to revert to delusion in order to survive and all because of what I and those around us had done to her.

Coleson came and knelt before the two of us, addressing Adara after she calmed down.

'Addie, do you know who this man is?'

From beneath her long lashes, her gaze had lost its happiness. It was replaced with terror as the delusion became subdued and her reality came crashing back.
She scrambles away from my hold, begging over and over again for me to not put her back in the water. She screeched at me, though her ability to speak as her age seemed to have disappeared.

'No put back water' She cries, the tears never ending.

Hopelessly she stumbles around the room, knocking over Coleson's medical equipment, clawing at her chest as she pleads, in the most childlike way, for me to not put her back in the water. I tried to calm her down but as I got closer, the more hysterical she became.

Due to the commotion, Jase and Jordan hurry back in and are quick to tackle Adara to the ground. She screams and pleads but is silenced by Jase's hand whilst Jordan restrains her arms and legs.

'What the fuck is going on?' Jordan roars, his face an inch away from the sobbing mess beneath him. I watch, almost in slow motion as Coleson takes a glass bottle and smashes it over Jordan's head, forcing him away from Adara. Jase rugby tackles Coleson whilst I lunge for Adara.

'Phoenix, get her out of here!' Coleson yells as he overpowers Jase. I haul Adara over my shoulder and run for the door.

Word Count for this Chapter:889
Sorry I know its short but I am working
on the next chapter right now (October 20th)
I hope you are all enjoying the book.
Please comment and vote it would mean the world
to me.

Much Love xxx