From Bad to Worse.

I claw at Jordan's hand, desperate for more oxygen but he only tightens his grip.
'Jordan let her the fuck go, she's not breathing!' Phoenix roars, breaking free from the two men holding him. He lunged for Jordan but at that exact moment, Jordan smiled at me and thrust me forward.
'You told me to let her go' He shrugs.

What happened next felt as though it was all in slow motion. As I fell backwards, I clutched a handful of Jordan's shirt and held on for dear life. If I was going down, he was coming with me.
The two of us tumbled painfully down the twisted staircase, each of us gaining different scrapes and bruises but me eventually breaking the fall.
Jordan was on top of me and my broken ribs but I couldn't bring myself to scream the pain away.
Jordan picks himself up and throws a kick into my side, forcing a pitiful wail of agony from me.
He does another one and I mirror the screech but before he can land a third, Jordan is grappled to the floor by an infuriated Phoenix.

Phoenix straddles his former friend and lays into him until Jordan calls for Cameron, Rex and Silas to come and contain the situation. Jordan lands a couple of punches on Phoenix but it doesn't deter him from the assault.

The three emerge from a door to the right of where I was sprawled and watch as Silas and Rex throw their fists into each of Phoenix's flanks forcing him to retract from Jordan.
Silas is exaggeratedly rough as he pulls a short piece of metal wire across Phoenix's throat, choking him into submission.
'Put your hands behind your back, mate' Rex orders awkwardly, obviously uncomfortable to be treating his friend in such a way.
Not wanting to be strangled to death, Phoenix does as his told, never taking his eyes off of me.

'Take him back to the cell. Cameron, take Adara to my room. I'll be there later ' Jordan groans, pressing the back of his hand against his clearly broken nose.
'No! Cam don't!' Phoenix chokes out, his face reddening from the lack of oxygen.
Cameron ignores him and pulls me, abruptly to my feet. I cry out as my rib crunches together.
'Cameron, shut her the fuck up my head is banging' Jordan hisses.
The Cameron I had known was long gone and from the pink scars carved in his arms, I assumed that was Jordan's doing.
He does as he is ordered and claps his hand across my mouth which I, only mildly, resist.
With the state I was in and the injuries I had sustained, I wasn't a match for anyone let alone Cameron in all of his six foot four glory.
'Just walk for me, I don't want to have to hurt you' He whispered. I did as asked as all my fight had been spent.

Jordan's room was as dark and dingy as our cell, though he had many home comforts to distract him from the fact.
Cameron sat me on a chair and taped my ankles, legs and wrists to its wooden structure.
'He hurt you after we left didn't he?' I said softly, noticing how hard it was for him to treat me so coldly.
He nodded, fiddling with the reel of silver duct tape. I suspected he hadn't finished with it just yet.
'I'm so sorry, Cameron'
Cameron sighs and bites a strip of tape from the reel. His expression is stoic and void of the emotion I had become accustomed to seeing. He wasn't happy or carefree anymore and it was my fault.
He presses the tape across my mouth before replying 'You address me as Sir from now on'.
Cameron exited shortly after, turning the lights out and locking the door, leaving me to wallow in my guilt and my agony.
————————————————————
I'd fallen into a pained slumber but felt worse when I woke up than before.
Time had passed slowly for which I was grateful as any period without Jordan was wonderful.
My entire frame ached and felt as though it was weighted down by concrete. My head was banging and my ribs felt as though they were eroding away at one another. I'd tried to take my mind away from the situation, I'd tried to think about Phoenix and how amazing the last few weeks had been but nothing eased it.

Cameron came in some time later with a bowl and a bottle of water. My head was resting on my chest, exhausted from the consistent pounding rallying through it.
Pressing two fingers under my chin, Cameron forces my head upward so that I am looking forward. With lack of a tender touch, he tore the tape from my mouth and shovelled two small white capsules into my mouth.
I go to spit them out, not knowing what they were but he shoves the nozzle of the bottle into my mouth and pours the water down my gullet, leaving me no alternative but to swallow them.

'Don't be difficult, they're painkillers'
I was saddened by the lack of joy in his voice, I had always felt safe around him before but now I felt just as wary in his presence as I did in Jordan's.
'Thank you, Sir' I mutter, looking forward rather than at him.

'This is your dinner, Jordan said it's good for you to eat'
'How sweet of him' I snap sarcastically as he brings a spoonful of peas to my mouth. Jordan knew I detested peas, hence his reason for allowing me to have an entire bowl full.
I couldn't remember the last time I had eaten so I accepted what I was offered. They tasted foul but in complete honesty, I could mostly taste dried blood at the back of my throat anyway.

After a long, awkward silence Cameron opts to finally speak to me.
'Phoenix is okay, a bit bloodied but not too bad'.
I didn't reply though I was grateful for the update.
After I was fed all of the peas and downed the bottle of water, I felt extremely weary and I could barely keep my eyes open.
'It's okay, I drugged the water with a sedative so you can get some sleep' he explained replacing a new strip of tape over my mouth. He knew I'd lecture him with what little energy I had left so he strategically avoided it.
By the time he had reached the door, I was completely unconscious.

Word count - 1099
So she didn't do too bad did she?
She's got stamina!