Perdition

TW - Waterboarding/ Torture Included in this chapter.

“Fuck. They have really done a number on her haven’t they?”  Rex muttered to himself as he unshackled my ankles. 

Four weeks had passed but the hell had only augmented. Jordan had been visiting every evening for “fun” and wouldn’t leave until noon of the following day. My jaw had been shattered during that second week but my soul had ruptured as soon as the rape began. 

I’d stopped moving. I’d stopped caring. I just laid in the same position every day staring, with a hollow mind at the other side of my dark cell. 

I’d lost more weight. My ribs were protruding so definitively that I was starting to look like one of those realistic halloween costumes. I was sure at that point, it would not be long before I would be unable to support my own weight. 

Phoenix looked horrified and I couldn’t blame him. Jordan had replaced ash trays with my stomach and thighs. Instead of hitting a wall, my face appeared to be the more appealing option to him. My lips were swollen from where he had thrown his foot against my jaw if I didn’t say what he expected me to say, fast enough. I was covered in grime, bruises, blood and other bodily fluids that had not emitted from me. 

My once beautiful long hair was now all different lengths from Jordan having gone psychotic with some scissors and my chest had a large J branded into its soft skin. I must have looked like something from a horror film. 

“What the actual fuck?” Phoenix whispered. The colour had drained from his face and he looked reluctant to come any closer toward me. 

I couldn’t say anything, my jaw bone was in two pieces, even just lying still was too painful, let alone trying to open my mouth. 

He came to my side and untied the rope around my throat. 

“Rex, go and get some water.” 

Tears rolled down my enlarged cheeks as Phoenix took my bruised hand into his strong, comforting one. 

“You aren’t planning to give Her, the water are you? Jordan blatantly said not to give her any food or water.” Rex asked incredulously, his face showing blatant affrontary at the idea. 

 Jordan had obviously promised a very brutal reprimand for anyone who disobeyed him.

“Of course I am. What Jordan doesn’t know, won’t hurt him and neither of us are going to blab to him, are we, Rex?”  Phoenix retorted sharply, rising to his full height. Compared to Phoenix, Rex looked as though he was more a teenager than an equal. 

I watched through my pained tears as Rex swallowed hard and became noticeably intimidated by my protector. 

“No, I won’t say anything. I’ll be right back.” 

“Good lad. Bring a straw and ask Coleson to pop down to look at Addie’s jaw, it looks agonising for her.” 

The shorter man didn’t protest a second time and made a swift exit from the cell. 

In Rex’s absence, Phoenix removed the remainder of my restraints and tenderly pulled my broken body into his lap, cradling me close. His body warmth against my ice cold skin felt incredible and I was sure if my jaw hadn’t been fractured, I would have most definitely moaned in contentment. 

“You did so well, darlin’. I am so proud of you.” He whispered, pressing a soft kiss to the top of my head. 

I responded only by snuggling deeper into his chest. I hadn’t done well and I wasn’t doing well mentally either. Jordan had battered me so relentlessly, so barbarically that I knew by the way my body felt, it was only a matter of time before my body gave out. Obscurely, it was as though Phoenix knew that and held me a little tighter as the thought crossed my mind.