The Grand Return

Over the course of the next seven days, the infection cleared and I was well enough to sit up on my mattress and complete small chores that Silas had given me to do. I had not heard from Phoenix and after not having done so for that long, I reluctantly hit the conclusion that I most likely never would again. It was heartbreaking. I missed his kindness.

“Jordan will be home soon. I am sure he will be pleased with how you have behaved these last few days, slut.” Silas praised as he gathered his pile of freshly washed socks from the side of my mattress. He had not given me permission to speak so I continued to fold Rex’s shirts. 

I had become accustomed to the torment and pain Silas inflicted and now it was time to become re-accustomed to the same of Jordan and Jase. The dread I felt was insurmountable. He was back. 

Silas left and I continued to fold the men’s clothes with an ample amount of terror seeping into my chest. 

At some point, after having finished folding the clothes and re-lacing all of the men’s shoes, I  must have drifted off because I was startled awake by the tumultuous voices of Jordan and Jase. Silas had obviously been back to see if I had completed my chores as my wrists were once again handcuffed behind me. If I were ever to be free, it was most certainly going to be an obscure sensation to not have the ache in my shoulders of where my hands were constantly tied at the base of my spine. Though I was sure that it would also be a most liberating and welcomed sensation all the same. 

Just as Silas had trained me, I scrambled onto my knees and bowed my head waiting for them to enter just as Silas had trained me. My hands trembled and my heart thumped heavily against the plate of my chest but there was nothing I could do but face my fear and behave like the good little slut I had been beaten into being. 

“There she is! My beautiful girl!” Jordan exclaimed as he waltzed through the door, his expression looking genuinely happy to see me. The feeling was not mutual and I did not look up. Silas would beat me if I looked up before I was given permission. 

Kneeling down in front of me, Jordan gently tilted my head upward. My gaze remained downcast. 

“What the fuck is up with her?” Jase mocked. He sniggered at my obedience but he knew that Silas had managed to accomplish something that he could not. Silas had finally brought my spirit and resistance to heel. He had finally eradicated that miniscule shred of hope that I would be able to keep fighting against them all. Although, had my opinion had any sway in the matter, I would have said that losing both Coleson and Phoenix had a part in that too. They had such gentle hearts and caring natures and yet even they had seen that I was not worth protecting any longer. 

“She is waiting for Jordan’s permission to look at him.” Silas explained as he entered the room with a mouthful of sandwich. 

Jordan studied me as if I were some exotic bird that could fly away if spooked too much. From my peripheral vision, I could see his brows furrowed and a small smile on his face that when put together illuminated how undecided he was with how to feel about his slut having become so tame. For such a long while, Jordan had made it his life’s mission to have me completely obedient to him but now that he had it, he seemed unsure whether it was something he wanted at all, I mean the thrill of being able to punish me was what he loved wasn’t it? 

“You can look at me, Addie. It’s okay.” He said almost softly. 

My sight snapped upward and met Jordan’s face and while my heart was pounding deep in my chest. His piercing stare bored into my frightful one, his expression giving me nothing but nauseating uncertainty of what he was thinking. 

I noticed immediately that Jordan’s hair had been cut and his stubble had been styled neatly along his jawline. He looked rejuvenated, as though he had needed a break away from me as much as I did him.