New Digs

Once changed, I was handcuffed and escorted back to the car where, as promised, I was seated in the back with Phoenix.
I could barely look at him. His face was bruised, swollen and bloodied and all because he had tried to save me. They had blindfolded him and covered his mouth with excessive layers of duct tape.
It unnerved me to see someone so tall and so well built in such a vulnerable position.
'Phoenix?' I tried to ask, though it was muffled and mostly incoherent, he had heard me and raised his head to try and locate where I was.
He grunted in response, something I took to mean 'Are you alright?'
I shuffled slightly and pressed my knee to his, assuring him in the most obscure of ways, that I was okay given the circumstances.

Before much more interaction could take place, Jordan opened the door and pulled the cloth down from my mouth, leaving it around my throat.
'Here, drink this'
The plastic cap of a water bottle was shoved into my mouth, hurting my gums. I began to consume the liquid without a second thought.
'Eat this'
Before I had the chance to see what it was, a scalding hot spoonful of baked beans was thrust into my mouth, burning my throat as my body consumed them.
Jordan didn't care, he simply shovelled a second spoonful and a third until the small tin was finished.
Despite my mouth being severely burnt, I still offered Jordan a thank you.
With a curt nod, Jordan reinstates the gag before pulling  the seat belt across my chest.
'Safety first' He tauntingly winks. My god how I despised him!

Jase and Jordan climbed into the front and pulled away from the desolate area.
'You're going to love your new room baby girl,' Jordan unexpectedly announces, startling me from the deep thoughts I had been lost to.
By the way Jase had sniggered, I knew it wasn't going to be very pleasant.
The two of them conversed about different matters, drug runs, shipments and such. I zoned out after a while, contemplating what names I'd have for the baby if I had a boy or girl though I suspected I would not have a say for Jordan was in control of everything.

As I watched the street lights on the motorway flash past, I felt an overwhelming sadness. I'd always wanted children but not at all in the way I was being blessed with one. I'd always envisaged a small cottage with all the trimmings. White picket fence, cobblestone driveway, perfectly trimmed hedges but instead I was gifted the woeful fate that was Jordan. The fate where I was forever and always the submissive prisoner. The thought was a sobering one, one that brought me to worry about the safety of the baby once he or she was here. Would Jordan beat them too? Over my dead body he would. I'd first stick something sharp in him than my baby feeling his wrath.

I am pulled from my deep thoughts when Jase laughed out loud.
'So, baby girl getting any cravings yet?' Jordan's voice pulled me from my depressing mindset. I shook my head, averting my gaze down to my lap.
'Well, when they do start taking hold make sure you let one of us know,' He replied in a rather calm and approachable manner. I was taken aback by how uncharacteristic he was being.
'I want the very best for my little man'.

I found myself confused by why he was under the illusion that my baby was of the male sex, he then clarified exactly what he meant when Jase asked what if was in fact his little girl instead.
I had never listened to either of them so intently.
'Then it goes' was Jordan's blunt response.
My protective nature seemed to kick in instantly. There was no way he was causing harm if the baby was a girl, no way whatsoever.
Despite the gag lodged between my teeth, pulling my cheeks back as though forcing me to smile, I hissed 'O're mm dead body' which was somewhat comprehensible given the difficulty I had with opening my jaw even slightly.
'What's that sweetheart? Over your dead body?' Jordan mocked, underestimating just as he always did.
'If I want to take that kid away from you, there's really fuck all you can do about it'
His tone had was half mocking and half serious. As right as he was, I still protested just so he knew that I would not allow him to hurt my baby.
However, as I tried to speak again this sentence came out far more garbled and was entirely incomprehensible.
'Babe, I really think you should save yourself the effort....you're going to need it where we are going'. 
I took the advice and fell silent.
Phoenix had somehow managed to reach his bound hand across to mine. He squeezed my hand in his but in all honesty I didn't feel much better as he was in just as precarious situation as I was.

We drove for what I assumed was another five maybe even six hours and half way through that time I'd had another brief sleep. We had reached wherever Jordan had been heading and both Phoenix and I were dragged from the car. Phoenix was led forward by a chain looped and padlocked around his throat, whilst I had the luxury of being led forward by Jordan's painfully firm hand around the back of my neck.
We were being marched to what looked to be an old convent. It's exterior was a rather pretty, vintage cobblestone with beautiful stain glass windows. Well, they would have been beautiful had they not been shielded by iron bars.
The door was large with an iron crest welded to the front of it and the doorknob of which was made of a handsome piece of brass had been carved into an intricate rose-resembling design.
'The both of you will be spending some time here. Adara, I will visit you each Monday, Wednesday and Sunday. Phoenix, you'll have to earn my trust again, you can do this by performing the tasks I give you whilst you are here' Jordan explained vaguely whilst Jase knocked on the heavy door.

The door was opened by a slender woman with bright curly hair, a face chock-a-block with make up and boobs that would have made the plastic surgeon enough money to retire. With an hour glass figure and her thin, perfectly waxed legs, she had Jase' undivided attention within a second.
'Jordan baby! So nice of you to come up here too! We were just expecting these two little shits!' She beams, hauling Jordan into a much too friendly hug. I assumed she was his go-to girl after I left his abusive ass.
'Hey Bree, how you doing?' He asks, exiting the hug in an almost awkward manner as though he didn't want me to see or know about their 'friendship'.
'I'm good darlin', is this her?' She asks, gesturing her chin towards me.
'Yep, she's three months so I need you to tend to her here for the next six'
I look at Phoenix anxiously, alarmed that I was going to be held captive by someone unfamiliar. Yes, whilst being owned by Jordan is hell but for all I knew this woman could be far worse.
'That's fine, bring them both in'.
And with that both Phoenix and I were wrestled into the convent.

Word count for this chapter - 1061
Oof so what's going to happen now?!