The Choice is Yours

My head was pounding and my limbs felt as though they were weighted down by concrete. By the firm pressure around my head and my lack of ability to see a goddamn thing, I assumed I had been blindfolded.
I wasn't going to pretend that the situation wasn't as bad as it seemed. By the ache in my shoulders and the harsh graze of rope against my wrists, it didn't take me all that long to connect the dots.
'Phoenix? You awake, bud?'
I didn't recognise the voice.
'Who are you?'
I didn't mean to snap as venomously as I had but with everything going on and waking to find myself tied up, I wasn't entirely in the mood for pleasantries.
'I'm Axel James, Adara's father' The voice replied softly, ignoring my brusque tone.
How the fuck did he get here? Or better yet, What the fuck was he doing here?
'I'd like to say it's nice to meet you, Sir. However, given the situation we find ourselves in, I'm not convinced that it's a good thing we have met so premature,'
Axel chuckled at that.
'I agree, the circumstances could have been much better'.

We fell silent for a brief while until a small, extremely petite voice announced itself.
'Are you- you really the one who got my baby girl away from that bastard?'
To hear such a frail voice curse was peculiar but knowing she was referring to Jordan, it was definitely applicable.
'I got her out the first time, Ma'am'.
By her little gasp, I gathered she didn't know that there had been a second desertion.
'What about the second?' Axel chimes in.
'She got herself away from Jordan that time, you may already know, Sir but your daughter has the heart of a lion'.
Though I couldn't see, I could feel the pride emanate from Axel and rightly so. Adara had been to hell and back and still she was holding on.
'My poor baby' The small voice wept, I assumed that was Agatha, Adara's mother.

The three of us fell quiet for what felt like a lifetime when just as I was about to ask how they came to being in the middle of this fucked up situation, the narcissistic fuck himself walked in.
'Ah good evening lads, how are we all this evening?'
For me it was his arrogance and the fact that he had liberal access to Adara that made me want to cut his heart out but for Axel it was the pent up frustration from the last year and a half of not knowing where his daughter was, it was the immense agony that his daughter had been irreparably scarred, raped and battered at the hands of this psychopath. For a man to feel such a strenuous swirl of such deep loathing, hurt and sheer anger, all aimed at one person, it made him lethally untouchable.

I was blindfolded and I am sure Agatha and Axel were too but it didn't take a genius to figure out what Axel's intentions were. The chains binding him rattled ferociously, the clanging echoing around us as he roared obscenities at Jordan.
I heard punches land but they seemed to just flow off of Axel like water from a ducks back. Jordan laughed at Axel's distress. I would expect nothing less, his sadistic streak always needed feeding.
'You cowardice asshole! Untie me then let's see who is laughing!'
'Hmm sounds like what someone else in the James' family said to me not long ago, doesn't it, Phoenix?'
Of course he was referring to when he and Adara had fought.
'Fuck off' I hiss, discreetly fiddling against the knot of the rope holding my wrists together.
'Ooh touchy! You on your period son?' He taunts, pinching at my cheek. In a flash, I had my teeth clamped down against his thumb, biting with such force I feel his bone crack between my teeth.
I only release when I have a right hook thrown into my temple.
Jordan howls in agony and as each of his screams reach my ears, I feel a rush of ecstasy consumed my every nerve. It was a small win, a diminutive beginning to the hell I was going to bring him for all he had done to my beautiful girl.

I am struck over the head again and again until I feel my head spinning and blood is pouring from my nose and mouth. Honestly, it wasn't a feeling I was unaccustomed to and just because Jordan had sparked my own sadistic side, I opted to antagonise him a little more.
'Hurts does it? Need me to kiss it better?' I provocatively snigger, spitting a mouthful of blood in the direction of Jordan's loud heavy breathing.
'You fucking bastard! You've broken my thumb!' He hissed back, throwing his forehead against mine. I felt dizzy as fuck but I couldn't hold back my retort.
'That was kinda the idea'.

'What have you done to my daughter, you twisted son of a bitch?' Axel spits, having regained some of his energy. I pitied the guy, he was in his mid-fifties he didn't need this shit.
'Nothing, well not lately anyway' Jordan mutters, still hissing about his injury.
'What the fuck does that mean?'
'God, I can see where Adara gets her smarts from, is it really that hard to figure out?'
'No, I just want to hear your bitch mouth admit it, I mean that's what you are isn't it, Gray? You're nothing more than a little bitch who beats on women,' Axel fires back, his venom so thick and so laced with every part of his heartbreak that I knew he would never get the peace he sought unless Jordan was dead and made so by his own hand.
'Actually, I'm the bitch who just likes to beat your daughter. Although, saying that I'd much rather just fuck her silly, oh the way she writhes and begs me to stop is just-' Jordan let's out a repulsive moan for theatrical purposes, underestimating just how enraged he had just made both Axel and I.

However, it is the soft voice that I heard earlier on that breaks through the electrified silence.
'Just let her go now, she's suffered enough'.
Jordan chuckles at that.
'Okay, I'll make a deal with you Agatha,'
By the cruel tone of his voice, I knew his ultimatum was going to be a barbaric one.
Axel fell deathly silent, only his heavy breaths echoing around the three of us.
'You must choose' He deadpans.
I hear Agatha take a light breath and I could feel just how anxious she was.
'Choose what?'
'Between your husband and your daughter'
'What do you mean?' She asks, her voice trembling as a sob breaks through her chest.
'One can live but one must die'.

Ah Jordan you beast! So mean!
So sorry everyone for the long wait of the update I've been super tired and have literally just been sleeping, eating and caring for my son!
I'm so sorry! I do feel so bad! However, the next chapter after this will be up very soon! 
Word count - 1197