Unforgivable

'Dara, are you alright?' 
I knew that voice, it was deep and calm. My eyes scan the darkness I seemed entombed by, hoping to see Andre. He was the only one who ever called me Dara.
After searching frantically, I see him coming towards me looking rather celestial. A glowing rim shrouded around his figure and he looked as though he had just walked off of a space ship.
'Andre? Hi-how are you here?' I stammer, my body obscurely free of both pain and it's binds.
I hurry to him, swinging my arms around his neck, yanking him into a tight embrace.
My body shook violently as thick, heartbreaking sobs wracked through me. He held me just as tightly as I held him but neither of us could compose ourselves enough to speak.
The ache in my chest had dissipated to nothing and the lack of anxiety was foreign but greatly welcomed.
'Stay strong for us, Dara. We will find you, I promise' Andre whispered as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head. I snuggled closer into his chest, relishing the smell of our mother's clean washing as it emitted from him.
'I need you, Dre' I mumble.
'You'll see me soon, I promise'.
'I want to come home, hasn't he done enough to me?' I weep.
'He has darling, and this is one more thing but you are strong enough to handle it, okay?'
I retreat from the embrace, looking to my older brother beyond perplexed.
'What...what are you talking about?' I ask with a great deal of fear of actually knowing the answer.
He offers me a small but sad smile before his entire frame disappeared. I screamed and yelled his name, asking what he meant but I was engulfed in darkness.

—————————————————————————

I am startled awake by the feel of a cold flannel being pressed against my forehead. It takes me a moment to register my surroundings and once I do, I am stricken with anxiety. Whoever had woken me had left swiftly, leaving me to make assumptions on my own.
I am cuffed to what looks like a hospital bed with an uncountable amount of wires and tubes coming from my body. I ache from head to toe and felt as though my limbs were weighted to the bed by clumps of concrete.
I am in the same room as before, Phoenix was slumped beaten and bloody against the wall, all extremities bound and his sight deprived by a thick strip of fabric.
'Ph—Phoenix?' I croak, my voice hoarse and muffled slightly by the oxygen mask covering my nose and mouth.
I don't think I'd ever seen him wake up so fast.
'Addie, oh thank Christ. Are you okay?'
'Sore but nothing I can't handle'
'Are you okay, your bleeding?' I ask him, noticing how much blood had spilled down his shirt.
He scoffs with a small laugh.
'You've just been through what you have and your checking if I'm okay?'
I let out a small chuckle too but immediately stopped when a searing bolt of pain shot through my pelvis and stomach. I groan as it takes a short time to ease.
'What the hell happened to me?' Having briefly forgotten about the silver handcuffs binding my wrists to the rails of the bed, I try to massage my stomach.
'Addie, there's something you need to know,' Phoenix begins, his voice lacking it's usual playful edge. Something deep inside me knew what he was about to tell me already but I didn't stop him from saying it aloud.

When I was fifteen I lost my grandfather, someone I was exceptionally close to. He was like my second father. I endured counselling offered to me by the school and whilst attending the eight sessions they provided, I was taught the stages of grief. Denial, anger, bargaining, Depression and finally Acceptance.
As the words left Phoenixes mouth, I felt myself skip past the first three and land directly into a dark state of depression.

After all I had already been through with Jordan and his sadistic ways, I had now lost my baby to him.
I didn't cry, I just stared at the mouldy ceiling feeling as though every inch of my insides had just been torn from me. Phoenix had tried his best to comfort me, to ease the excruciating emptiness consuming me but nothing and no one could help make me feel any better.
'There's something else too darlin,' Phoenix says tenderly as he tried to look from beneath his blindfold.
I didn't acknowledge him. I didn't want to speak, I didn't want to listen. I wanted to be alone, I wanted to just stare and think nothing other than about my poor baby.
'They're going to have to do a procedure on you to um-' Phoenix sniffles, sobbing as though he was the one who had miscarried. I couldn't say anything.

Sometime later, I really didn't care about how much, Jordan graced us with his presence as did Bree. I didn't make any effort to move or speak.
Jordan remains ignorant to my existence for a brief moment, most likely because he needed to sate his sadistic need to cause some form of distress. Grabbing a handful of Phoenix's hair, Jordan wrenches his head backward and aligns his mouth to his former friends ear.
'Did you tell her?' He whispers ignorant to how pointless it was seeing as how I could still hear him.
'Yes, I told her because you're a fucking coward'.
I hear the hit and the grunt and it does something to me. It triggers a dangerous amount of venom, malice and hatred which was all directed at Jordan.
'Jordan...'
'Did I say you could speak, slut?'
'Don't you fucking touch her Jordan' Phoenix hisses, hurrying to my defence. This time I didn't need it. I was more than prepared to face him.
'Leave him the fuck alone' I finish.

My weary eyes met Jordan's and I could tell he was instantly triggered by my impertinence. He slams Phoenix's head against the wall for good measure before taking place at my bedside.
Wrenching the oxygen mask away from me, Jordan grabs my lower jaw in a pincer grasp, pinching quite painfully but it didn't deter me.
'I'd think that with you having just lost that thing inside of you that you'd be more likely to behave,' He seethes. He was spitting his vexation but by doing that, he was fuelling mine.
'Get your disgusting hands off me, you fucking asshole'
My teeth are gritted and to add to the equality of treating him as bad as how he has treated me, I spit what little saliva I have into his eye.

Do you think she's finally taken enough?
Word Count - 1115