Part 3

Later that day, Nico and I met the gang for lunch. Jason, Piper, Annabeth, Percy, Hazel, Frank, Magnus, and Alex. I got there and sat across from Alex, who informed us that she is female today, and between Percy and Nico.

"Hey, Will?" Alex asked.

"No, Alex. You may not try to kill me."

"How did you know that I was going to ask that?"

"You ask me every time we hang out."

"Fine, I call a truce."

"You can't call a truce, I didn't do anything."

Alex ignored me and turned to Nico. "How ya doin'?"

Alex and Nico started chatting away about Chase Space and work. I kind of zoned out and started daydreaming about random things, mostly puppies and Nico. After about 20 minutes of eating and hanging out, Leo finally showed up.

"Dude! Are you ever going to be on time?" Jason scolded.

Percy laughed. "Jason, at this point, it's a routine for Leo to be late. I would be worried if all of a sudden he started showing up on time."

"What's the reason this time?" Annabeth asked.

"I had to finish something up with someone." Leo winked and started chewing a toothpick.

"Uh, gross," Frank said as Hazel dramatically gagged, causing Leo to chuckle.

"You guys are too squeamish. Leo is an adult. Adults have sex, everyone sitting at this table has had sex," Piper explained.

"How do you know that?" Magnus asked.

"It's a gift," Piper said, shrugging.

"That's...so weird," Magnus looked really confused.

During lunch, Nico put his hand on my thigh and I glanced at him. He was still in a deep conversation with Alex about work, not looking at me.

I must have been staring because Percy jabbed my shoulder with his fork. "See something you like?" he teased, referring to Nico.

I turned to face Percy. "Huh?" I zoned back in.

Percy just chuckled and went back to his cheeseburger and salad and everyone was talking over each other, but all I could focus on was that Nico's hand was right on my thigh. We're married, it shouldn't be this breathtaking, right?