Part 19

*3 years later*

Nico and I finally adopted, we got a girl named Jessie who just turned nine, and a baby boy named Caleb who was two. We turned Nico's old room into a room for them to share. Nico was back in therapy and doing pretty well.

We were having Thanksgiving dinner at Alex and Magnus's house. Leo was building legos with Jessie and Percy and Annabeth's kids. Two boys, Charles, Paul, who were five and eight, and a girl named Sally, who turned three a few weeks ago. Sally was happily sitting in Leo's lap, making happy baby noises as the older kids played with the legos.

Annabeth and Percy were setting the table and getting dinner ready. The rest of us were in the living room talking. Nico was bouncing Caleb in his lap. Hazel and Frank were outside with their kids. Jason brought his sister, Thalia, and her girlfriend Reyna.

Finally everyone sat down to eat.

Josh was talking about how he got into a med program for next summer. "I want to be a doctor, like Uncle Will," he grinned.

"I can tell you it can be a lot of fun. You can play the 'doctor's orders' card to get people to do stuff," Will said, winking at Nico, who just rolled his eyes.

"When I grow up," said Charles, "I'm going to be a cloud," he said dreamily, kicking his legs under the table.

"You can't be a cloud, Charles," said Rose.

"Yes I can. If you can be a firefighter, I can be a cloud."

"You know," chimed Thalia. "When I was your age, I wanted to be a combat medic."

Jason rolled his eyes. "You did not want to be a combat medic at five."

"Yes I did, still do," she flipped the hair she spent the past few years growing out.

"A hot combat medic," Reyna said, winking.

Percy faked a gag and Annabeth threw a roll at her. "Disgusting, keep it in your pants, Reyna," Annabeth teased.

The rest of the meal was spent talking over each other and shoving out faces full of food.

Luke ended up getting put away for life, Piper got 10+ years, we never talked about Piper. Her name never came up, not even from Jason. They never even had an official break-up. Instead, he got back in contact with his sister and spent all his time with them. Percy and Annabeth ran a pet rescue. Nico now owns a restaurant and is the most popular place in town.

Hazel is a stay at home mom and Frank works as a karate instructor. Magnus and Alex still ran Chase Space and worked minimum wage jobs on the side.

Things are going well for everyone. Nico's nightmares have faded and he is doing really well. I got his permission to tell his story so I could spread a message. You never know what scars may be hidden by a thin layer of fabric. Right now, everyone just left from our dinner and Nico is putting our kids to bed. I am sitting on our bedroom floor with earbuds in, waiting for Nico to walk through the door. These are the last words you will hear from William Solace-di Angelo, because I intend on living my life to the fullest. I don't have to worry about Luke anymore and neither does Nico.

Now Nico walked in and he's peeking over my shoulder, telling me to hurry up. So I guess this is it. And... publish.