Part 6

The next morning, I woke up alone on the couch, and the whole apartment was filled with the smell of cooking waffles. I wandered into the kitchen and saw Nico cooking in one of my t-shirts and his boxers.

I smiled at the view and leaned up against the doorframe, crossing my arms. Nico was singing in Italian under his breath as he cooked. He finally turned around with a plate of waffles and jumped when he saw me.

"Will! What are you doing? You scared me!" His hand was on his chest and his Italian accent thickened a little bit.

"You look hot when you cook," I smirked.

He picked up his spatula and waved it at me in a threatening manner. "If Hazel heard you say that, my sister would kick your butt."

"No, she wouldn't. Hazel loves me." I walked over and took the spatula from Nico's hand and set it on the counter.

I picked him up and set him on the counter. I stood between his legs and started to kiss his neck.

"We've been married for three years and I still get butterflies every time you kiss me," Nico admitted.

"Is that right?" I teased.

"I wanted to ask you something..." Nico trailed off.

I pulled back and looked at him. "What is it? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's just... we've been together a long time and... I was wondering if maybe...if you would be okay with looking into..." Nico paused and I raised my eyebrows for him to continue. He took a deep breath and wrapped his arms around my neck. "How would you feel about adopting kids?" he finished nervously.

"I think that's a great idea," I said with a smile, "Now let's eat, this breakfast, it smells almost as good as you."

Nico blushed profusely and hopped off of the counter. "You absolutely suck at flirting, Will Solace," he grumbled as he took the plate of waffles to the dining room to hide his embarrassment.

I sat down at the table with him and sat criss-cross in the chair and dug into the waffles.

"I'll text Hazel. She and Frank adopted kids after they found out Hazel couldn't get preggo. They are probably still in contact with the social worker," Nico said.

I choked on my waffles and began a coughing fit. "Oh my gods, you did not just say 'preggo'," I said through my coughs.

Nico laughed at me and made fun of my reaction.