Part 16

We finished breakfast and spent the morning browsing the bookstores around the mall. While we were in the middle of one of the stores, around two pm, Alex got a phone call and left to take it. That's weird, I thought, that's the second time she has done that.

When she came back she was smiling. "What? Why are you smiling like that?"

"Come on, we're leaving," she smirked.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll like it," she answered.

"That was so not an answer," I grumbled, leaning back in my seat.

After about ten minutes we rolled up in front of Chase Space. I gave Alex a look of confusion and she just jerked her head at me to follow her when she got out. I sighed and reluctantly followed her inside the glass doors of the homeless shelter. She couldn't stop smiling and I was seriously getting annoyed that she wasn't telling me why we were here.

We turned down a hall and on the couch, was sitting Nico. I ran over to him and sat next to him. "Ohmygods, are you okay, did he hurt you, what happened?"

Nico broke down sobbing so hard he was hiccuping and he crawled into my lap. I hugged him tightly and he wrapped his legs around me and buried his face in my neck and continued sobbing. "Don't let me go, ever again," he choked out between sobs.

"I won't, Nico. Never again," I breathed into his hair. I looked at Annabeth and Alex. "How did you do it?" I asked, still holding Nico close to me.

"Percy went with Luke," Annabeth said. She didn't look panicky, she looked relaxed.

"What...Annabeth, I'm so sorry," I rambled on.

She held up her hand and smirked her signature "I have it all worked out" smile. "Don't be. We have a foolproof plan, that only he, Alex, and I know about."