Part 15

<Will's POV>

I woke up the next morning with my head in Alex's lap. I got up and wandered into the kitchen. I instantly remembered the day I tried to make Nico breakfast.

"What in the hell is going on out here?" Nico ran into the kitchen in his boxers. He took note of me on the chair and the blackened biscuits on the counter. "Did you...try to make breakfast?" he asked, stifling a smile.

"Don't make fun! I wanted to do something nice for you!" I defended myself.

"Okay, okay. There's a button on the smoke alarm to make it turn off. It's painted green," Nico pointed, then walked over to the backdoor and pulled it open and set up the fan so the smoke would go away. "Let's fix it."

I felt a sob build in my chest, and tears started to roll down my cheeks. I covered my mouth and stared at the empty scene. Alex walked into the kitchen sleepily. She noticed my crying and pulled me into a hug. I started sobbing into her shoulder. "He would make me breakfast every morning," I cried.

She pulled me back and looked at me. "You'll get through this, I'm here for you. Go get dressed and I'll take you to breakfast, my treat," she kissed my cheek and pointed her chin towards my bedroom.

When I walked inside, I remembered the night Nico got scared and asked to sleep with me in my bed for the first time. Refusing to relive it, I pushed it aside and pulled a new hoodie from Nico's closet since his scent had faded from the one I was wearing yesterday, and paired it with . I stared at my reflection in the mirror and the only thing I saw was a familiar stranger.

When I met Alex back in the living room she was already dressed in the clothes she wore over here yesterday. "Let's go," she said as she jangled the keys.