6.

Linden.

Spending the day with Emric made me think of a lot of things, I needed to improve myself on, I needed to stop letting people's view about who I was, get to me.

I needed to start thinking about my health, exercise, and get rid of the depressive state I was willingly going toward, I needed to change.

It also made me realize that I'm completely over Matt and what we had, that wasn't real, I had to pick myself up, dust myself off, let the doubt and insecurity go away.

In that mix I realized I had feelings for Em, which were not merely friendship at all, though I really want to be with him, I need to be emotionally stable and make sure that whatever happens, I don't make him my rebound.

So I did as told rummaged through my closet for good running clothes, woke up at four thirty and showered.

Yesterday I forgot my bag in Emric's car, so now I'm worried about not completing my biology and chemistry homework. I really want to be a vet like my dad so I'm working hard for that.

I wait patiently for any sign of Emric but I wasn't worried since he did say five and it was a few minutes before that.

The door is banged on, slightly startling me yet I knew the only person who would do that is Emric. "Morning." A slightly tight vest showing his chiseled abs and shorts, damn those thick thighs.

"Uh, um, morning." I knew I was blushing, I just had to blush, he kisses my cheek making me flush even more. "So ready?" I nod and we walk to the back of the house.

"So there is a trail which leads to a river along this road, we are going to run there and come back as warm up." I nod to the man next to me, nervous as hell if I could do it.

We start off easily as we use the dirt road trail to get there, I had been here before, when I was little, it was always fun splashing in the river.

I was halfway there, drained and wanting to puke. "Can we rest for a bit I feel like—." I puked my guts out and it was acidic. "We are off to a great start."

I wondered why he was smiling like that, I just puked my guts out yet he didn't see to be bothered. I covered up my mess and we were on again running.

I wanted to rest, sleep, or just lay down after having puked out my guts out for the fourth time. "That was a great warm up." I glared at him.

"How are you not tired, at least heave or something." His laughter rang out all over the woody area and the river.  "I do this every day, and no backing out, no matter how much you'll hate me or it, no backing out." I didn't want to disappoint him so I picked myself up and ran.

When we found a spot in the woods he let me catch my breath. We exercised more and more, I was sweating buckets by the time we were done.

"You did great, now go home shower, I'm picking you up in an hour." And before I could protest he was already running toward the direction of his house.

I walked out of the woods, surprisingly it was near my house, the house was empty as usual, though I could see the dinner I left for mom was gone.

So I cleaned the kitchen, got ready for school, and by the hour Emric was honking outside. "Ready?" I grabbed the smoothies I made and got out.

"Here." I hand him the smoothie but before accepting it he kissed my hand. "Stop doing that."

"It's cute watching you blush." Rolling my eyes I focused on my smoothie until it hit me, I left my bag in his car, homework wasn't done and my body is pretty sore.

"Oh God, I didn't do my homework." Emric chuckled and pointed to the back seat. "My bag." He nods. "I did your homework for you, I might have spent six hours on it but I finally figured it out."  I laugh at him but thanked him for doing it.

The school was just like every day, only except today I was getting off Emric's car to be stared at, he comes to stand by my side and held me close.

"Like I said ignore them." I did ignore them and focused on the conversation I was having with Emric about chili on fries.

We didn't have first period together so Emric had to go but not before leaving me at the door of the class. I got in and listened until I noticed that half the students in my class who were sitting near me were new or I just hadn't noticed them.

The lesson continued and nothing really odd happened after. I walked out of the class feeling as if I was being watched though I brushed it off and walked to my locker.

"Hey why are you hanging out with that guy?" I was surprised to see it was Matt asking me that. Was he jealous, that can't be, I wondered what it was.

"Why does it matter to you, and why do you care?" I spat out. "Just fucking tell me!" He banged the locker next to me. "Matt you're causing a scene, you and I broke up and you told me to stay away from you, I did that, so don't come to me trying to act like your anything to me, other than a mistake,  got it."

Before I could leave he grabbed my hand. "Let him go!" I wasn't the one who yelled it was Emric, I was relieved he was here because I didn't want to deal with Matt.

"I'm talking to Linden here, so fuck off."

"And he's my boyfriend, so let go!!" I didn't expect Emric to say that, yell it out loud, it took me by surprise but there was nothing I could do.

Emric was more domineering than Matt, though both boys were six foot, Emric had a three at his end so he slightly towered over Matt.

Emric harsh grabs Matt's hand and yanks it off mine, he pulls me to the side and punches Matt, the jock  falls to the ground with a bruised cheek and bloody mouth.

"Don't ever come near him again." Emric was about to hit him again, that's when I snapped out of my trance and latched on to him. "I'm okay, please stop, you're scaring me." His arms immediately engulfed me.

"I'm sorry." It was gently and genuine. "You okay?" I could feel his kiss on my forehead. "I'm okay, only a bruise, I'm sure will be healed by tonight." He carried my bag and led me to our next class.

It really felt nice having him there, it felt safe as always, though I felt scared because of his anger, I wasn't scared of him and that made me realize that I may be falling for Emric.

"So boyfriend huh?" I tease him. "Nope not yet, they may think that and you my dear may think that but I will ask properly in time, but just know this guy is into you."

"That's cheesy but sweet and then you say I'm the nerd." I giggle all the way to way to class with Emric occasionally tickling me.

"Stop, we're in class." He doesn't listen. "I don't care, I love your giggles." He continues doing it despite the glares I got from Amie which were responded to by Train who glared black and sat with us.

"Rumor is, you two are a couple." Rumors really spread fast. "To the world yes, but to us not yet, we're getting there, just not yet." It was Emric who replied and I was okay with that.

It was true we were working to get there.

+++

LMJ