18.

Linden.

The party was awesome, everything was so good, the fact that we didn't find out we were mates or not sucked shit. I love Emric why couldn't the higher being for wolves see that.

I wanted to be with him, was that too much to ask. So now after a great party and night, I'm sitting on the couch drowning in ice cream, I already had spaghetti and wine plus chips.

I just wanted to be with my boyfriend but I couldn't be in the way if someone else was his mate, it hurt like hell, how was I going to survive this, could I survive it.

When I pick up the remote my phone began vibrating again, I had ignored it all morning but Train had left 30 messages and 49 missed calls on it already.

I also remembered I hadn't given them the gifts I bought them. So I picked up my phone to call Train back.

"Train I'm not in the mood for— what's going on?" He was panting for some reason that alarmed me.

"Linden get outside now, preferably to the back door, Emric had a whiff of your scent and shifted in the middle of the lounge, his wolf is headed to you and whatever you do, submit, don't run, don't do anything, go on your knees and show your neck." My heart was pounding.

Why would I need to do all that, had his wolf gone nuts or what. "Okay I got you." I immediately cut the call and ran outside, when I was by the back yard a massive black wolf tackled me to the ground.

It growled and I remembered what Train said, submit, and I didn't do that exactly, my neck wasn't shown, and that caused another growl and tackle.

"Listen here munchie, the only one submitting to you is the pack, not me in this aspect, now give me some proper love." He growled again and again until I glared at him, that's when the wolf whined.

I was still laying on the ground and he came up to my face and licked me, I guess that's the love I wanted. "Never saw anyone not submit to him." Train had shown up along with his dad and mom.

The large black wolf growled at them but had his head on my lap when I sat up. "I guess that's it." Mrs. Everlin comments.

The wolf got up from my lap and little by little, beast became man, when I looked into his eyes, it was just us two, no one mattered, I didn't know what I was feeling, but I liked it, it felt warm, safe happy.

"Mate."

He said it, he said mate, we were mates. "Yes, Oh fucking hell yes, you're my mate!" Then he screamed it. I immediately wrapped my arms around him and cried.

It wasn't misery but joy, everything was going to be alright, he was my mate, he was mine." It's okay I'm here, I'm here." I looked up to meet his eyes and they glistened with tears, we were mates and today was officially the best day of my life.

"Dude you're still naked." Train laughs and I was embarrassed for hugging him like that, Train hands him the shorts and wore them quickly. "Mom and dad, I know you kind of met him last night, but this is Linden, my mate our luna, and the boss of me." I swatted his arm.

"Hey what was that for?" Em whined and I walked to his parents. "Welcome to the family Linden, good thing you know about wolves, it would be hard convincing you or making you understand." His mom smiled and I chuckled in return.

"I would've understood." His dad winks at me. "Bring him for dinner later okay, I wanna spoil my first son in law." She instructed and I blushed at the last part.

I was already at that stage I guess since mating was an equal to engagement or rather marriage. "Okay, mom!" Em and Train both yell at the retreating figures of two wolves.

"Great party last night, but I need more orange cake, I know you baked two." I laugh, thinking how ridiculously large Train's appetite was. "Are you ever not hungry." He shook his head no and so did my mate.

It felt good to say it, he was mine, all mine, all of him even his boy down there belonged to me forever, my cheeks flared up thinking about it.

"So you gonna mark now or I'm gonna get orange cake." I dragged both boys into my house. "Orange cake is on the counter, I need to get your presents." I ran upstairs to get the presents leaving them to devour cake.

When I get into my room, I find the acceptance letter from Algiers, and then it clicked in my mind what I was going to do, I had my mom and a pack to be responsible for here, and my mate, I couldn't leave and knowing Emric he would follow me.

So I was going to go with my third option after high school was over, I was going to do what was best for me and everyone else with everything else I was now responsible for.

Today is a good day. I picked up the three presents and walked downstairs to find a piece left. "Here." Considerate of me as always, I swooned honestly, I gratefully ate my cake, after that, I handed over the presents.

"This is the latest one, I was saving up for this." Train places the PS something picks me up and twirled me around. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." I chuckle as he set me down.

"I know now you love gaming so I bought that, and the consoles are inside, plus virtual reality goggles." His jaw dropped. "You're the best brother ever." Hearing Train say that reminded me of my own brother but also the fact that we weren't just friends anymore.

He was somewhat my brother now and it really felt good. I know I shouldn't have cried but I did, it was overwhelming, after years of just being alone, I had a mate, a brother, and people who actually wanted me and it felt really good.

Em smiled toward me and wiped my tears away, then I saw his chain, with my favorite inscription from Robert Frost, love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. Then came the tags, munchies. He wore them proudly. "Never taking these off again." I nod with a huge smile then opened the last bag for him.

"Remember how you told me you loved playing the guitar but when you moved here, the guitar got lost, it wasn't electric like most nowadays and that's why you loved it." He nods in anticipation.

I walked back upstairs, and came back with a guitar. "It's not the one you lost but it's brand new and perfectly tuned." He jumped off his seat and encased me in his arms.

"I love you so freaking much, thank you, Linden." He places a kiss on my forehead. "You're really the best seriously." Train adds and I flick my tongue out at him. We enjoyed each other's company for a while longer talking about the party and random stuff.

"Anyway I'm gonna take this home and set it up, I don't wanna be a cock block this time." After Train mentioned that, I ran upstairs, I needed to do a lot.

Train told me to always be ready, once I found out he was my mate the urge would be strong, I shouldn't have forgotten. I hear Train laughing downstairs.

I knew he was laughing because of what I did, I was supposed to be ready, though yes down there I was totally cool, I just needed to do a little extra and gather my nerves.

Oh, my virgin hole was about to do it. "Linden are you alright? Babe it's okay if you're not ready yet." I had already done the extra so I walked out with a towel wrapped around my waist.

"Lock the door." Within seconds it was locked. "I wanted this for a long while now."  Then I dropped my towel.

+++

Sike. (wait for it)

LMJ