9.

Emric.

"Keep looking at me like that I might take it the right way and give these nice people a show." He blushed looking away from my abs to anywhere else where he sat on the bleachers.

"Next time someone comes close to you again, tell me." He nods with a smile."This aggressive over protective version of you is hot." He blushed saying that, I knew it made him nervous talking about it.

"Is it now." I whispered getting closer to him. "Ye-es." I peck his lips and the whistles behind us made me draw back.

"Now I have to deal with the whole gym class teasing and whistling." He groans looking at his feet.

"Just ignore them, they will go away." I chuckle as the bell rings. We walk to the locker room, to change. "Get you in a sec." He nods going to his locker and I stay at mine.

I don't know why but being away from him is hard, it's almost unbearable not being near him, I always want him near me, watch over him, protect that innocence.

"Hey man, I don't know who the fuck you are but back off from Linden, he's Struss's and you're just in the way." I wondered if Matt was indeed idiotic, stupid, or just an imbecile.

"I don't know what you're talking about man, and you're way too close, I'm sure my boyfriend Linden wouldn't like that so move and for the record tell Matt not to send his lackeys if he doesn't want them to come back." I punched his abdomen.

"Hurt, broken and bleeding, Linden is mine." He scrambles off the ground and staggered out of the locker room.

I closed my gym locker and walked to Linden who was busy tapping away on his phone. "Hey babe, what are you searching for." He looks up from his phone.

"Just going through research for class and looking for a recipe on hidden egg muffins." I only nod knowing I have something sweet to be expectant of soon.

I kept thinking on why I was falling for him, why he made me happy, why I was ecstatic every time I saw him, I didn't feel bad about so many thing and it confused the hell out of me.

"Hey we're here, Culinary Arts." We make our way inside, I must have zoned out badly. "What are you thinking about, you're silent, too silent."

"Just you and no one else." I focused on helping Linden cook, we were partnered for a reason, though the final exam was conducted separately.

"I never asked, who is that guy Train always follows around like a lost puppy, if he's not with me or you." I guess he noticed Train's crush on the beta's son, it was painfully obvious.

"His name is Raziq, Train has had a crush on him for years now, they never get together shockingly, it's just side glances and flirting." He pouts.

"I wish I could help, though it's best he grows his own set and let's out what he feels." I laugh at his statement, well I guess he was right Train had to man up but problem was, if he were to do so and Raziq wasn't his mate that would hurt like a bitch.

We finished the theoretical and practical lesson, the teacher was now slowly going past the tables tasting the dishes prepared. "Jesus Crawford, are you trying to kill me with this blasphemy to the name of fine cuisine." Linden barely held his lips shut.

After the teacher's outburst the taste test continued, the grade we got today would be added to the overall score at finals.

She stood at our table with a smile and I placed the plate in front of her. "I'm not surprised you didn't follow the recipe Linden, but it tastes even better, a little heavy on the pepper but it's perfectly spicy. Good work." She smiled and walked away.

Both Linden and I sighed. "She is not an easily pleased woman." I chuckle laying my head on top of Linden's, wrapping my arms around him.

We really didn't care about extreme PDA, this was us and everyone just had to accept it, if not, that didn't affect us.

"Tell me about it, I thought she was going to scream for changing the recipe." He packs up the food and we make our way out of the class, I was a bit upset since I had to attend a meeting with dad later this evening with Alpha Cornell and Marquee his beta, I had missed my friend.

Though I was turning eighteen soon dad had me know of the pack closest to us or the ones we had strong ties to like the Crescent Fall Pack where Raziq's mother is from.

The Hollow Creek were almost our neighbors that's if you didn't mind the few days trip that separated us. The meeting was essential because the beta had finally taken charge of his position again.

Marquee was a friend of mine though he was six years older than me, we still got along pretty well, when I was born he was there with the Ryeland pack, before Alpha Winter decided to move to SandBury.

We did keep in touch over the years but after his mate died he was closed off and it worried me at some point, but now that he's taken his position back completely, I'm sure he's okay.

"So wanna hang out by the pitch bleachers for a while and enjoy this food." We were currently in the last period, which was boring as fuck but with Linden it was bearable.

"Yes I would." There was food he cooked involved. "That grin on your face means you're looking forward to eating, I wonder if you have some sort of a bottomless pit for a stomach." He chuckles as the final bell rung.

The school day was done and Monday was officially over, I had Monday blues and I'm glad they're not as bad. Train and Raziq make their way to my locker where I stood putting away books I didn't need.

"Dude, why do you have Linden's bag?" Train asks and I frown. "He's kind of my unofficial boyfriend so its normal to have his stuff, he literally wore my hoodie to school today." Train and Raziq look at each other then me.

"I don't want to seem insensitive but please remember that you're turning eighteen in less than a week with a few days give or take, this relationship with Linden might end badly if he's not your mate."

I knew Raziq was right and so was Train but I couldn't help it, I just felt happy with him, he felt safe and warm, he was like home.

"I know guys that's why we haven't put a label on it yet because I know it will hurt, but you have to understand I really like him and mom told me that he might be my mate, I just have to hang one." They both sigh.

"Okay just don't pour everything into this, be careful, he's a wonderful guy and I wouldn't want him hurt, also I don't want you getting hurt, so be careful brother." I nod with a smile to my brother.

"I will you guys and thank you for caring." They both chuckled as we made our way outside. Linden had biology extra credit work to hand in, so we would see him later.

After thirty hungry minutes of waiting, he shows up. "I'm so tired." He whines sitting down. "Youll be fine." After eating and a lot of talking with stolen kisses we make our way to my car.

"Sorry today had to be cut early." He chuckles and leaves a kiss on my cheek. I drive him home in comfortable silence. We had nothing to say but it was alright.

We were happy. "See you in the morning for horrendous torture." He scowls.

"I hate you." He pecks my lips and I held him close kissing him again. "Miss me already." After another make out session, I finally drove home.

+++

LMJ