21.

Linden.

"Look who finally decided to show up to school." Train teases when I climb out of Emric's car. "I had a lot to do you know, had to handle a lot." I argued but I knew only one thing kept me from attending school and spending this weekend with my best friend.

"You sure handled him, for five whole days, I'm sure you're still handling him." I glare at him and he laughs. I hadn't meant to be with my mate for that long but I couldn't leave him with a raging hard on the entire week and I loved having sex with him, it was healthy.

"I'm pretty sure you're still trying to justify the amount of sex you had till this morning." I was now flushed because he knew. "Stop it Train." Em scolded and I thanked the goddess for the intervention. "What I'm having fun with my best friend." I roll my eyes as the two began to bicker.

Walking to the school main doors I noticed the many students I now recognized were part of the pack, I had never noticed they were so many. "Morning Linden." I wave toward Andie. "Hey, how are you?" I respond and he sighs.

"Good I guess, feeling the blues." I chuckle as we make our way to class. "How did he like your surprise?" Andie asks gesturing toward Emric who was walking toward us.

"Loved it, and he loved his present, thanks for helping me find it." He nods with a smile. I was happy with how my life was progressing though I was worried about mom since we hadn't talked all week.

I felt a bit low knowing my mother might be unaware of the danger she was in with her boyfriend, I wondered how I would tell her that my own boyfriend and mate was a wolf. How would she even react.

Would she be happy for me or would it be shunned, how would I even bring her to terms with the fact that I was mated to a wolf who led a pack.

Emric wraps his arms around me and placed a kiss on my forehead. "What's stressing you?" I hug him back tightly, curling closer to his torso and heat. "My mom, we haven't really talked and I'm so afraid of what will happen if she finds out that I'm in love with a wolf." I mumbled my reply and he chuckled.

"So you're in love with me." He teased and I nod not looking up. "I'm sure she will be happy with your decision and also that it may take time to accept but she's gonna get there." I knew he was right I just had to give it time.

School went on, as usual, I was all caught up with my classes because even though I had a whole marathon of making love with Emric I still added my study in there, plus technically I was learning wolf anatomy when Emric was naked.

I blushed to the thought of him naked on top of me. "I see you're in that mood." I hear Emric say through the link which makes me facepalm. "No I'm not." I replied hoping he wouldn't notice my obvious arousal.

"Then why do I feel you wanting me." I groaned knowing he knew I wanted him in that way, though he was all the way across school with the football team and I was in the bio lab.

I refocused on the lesson when my phone began to vibrate. Ignoring the annoying sound I tried to focus on the lecture but when it didn't stop I began to worry. "Mr. Hyson can I be excused, bathroom break." He nods and I make my way out.

All of my teachers didn't have problems with me, no matter what happened in my personal life I never compromised school and I always managed to get my straight A. I decided to walk toward the football pitch instead to see Emric when the vibration began.

"Hello." There wasn't an answer at first then a bit of shuffling in the background, I could hear a little bit better because of the bond. "Hello Lee or should I call you baby, you see I have your mom here and she hasn't been cooperating with us, so we decided to tell you hoping you could assist." I heard muffled words in the background, it sounded like someone struggling.

"What do you want?" I asked with a pounding heart. "What have you done with my mom?" I spat but there wasn't a response. I wasn't stupid to think I could listen to whoever this was without Train or my mate around so I ran to the pitch.

I skidded to a stop the call hadn't been disconnected yet. Emric ran over to me but I put a finger on my mouth letting him know to stay silent. "What do you want?" I was now desperate and anxious.

"Not so fast Lee Lee, your mother is feisty hard to tie down, what I want is simple Linden, come to the east side edge of town alone don't tell that little alpha brat of yours if you want your mommy with her traitor boyfriend alive." Tears began to trail down my cheeks.

I was desperate to know why my mom was being held hostage, why I was needed to alone. "Why should I even believe you, why do you need me?" He laughed making me angry but Emric calmed me down.

"So many questions, just do as told Linden, you'll find out soon enough why you're wanted in exchange of your mother." The call was disconnected before I could ask anything else.

I wrapped my arms around Emric's torso and cried, I didn't know what was going on, I didn't know why they wanted me or why they kidnapped my mom and her boyfriend. "Emric I don't know what to do." I sobbed holding on to my mate.

I had been so wrapped up in my own life I forgot to check up on my mom, she probably needed me and I wasn't there, I felt guilty for not being attentive toward my mother. Now she was in trouble and I had no clue what to do.

Emric held me till I calmed down. "It's going to be okay baby I promise, we just need to find out who they are and why they kidnapped your mom, the man accused your mom's boyfriend of being a traitor meaning we're dealing with wolves."

I couldn't contain the fear that was crippling me on the inside, my mom was probably scared for her life being surrounded by rogues, now I was sure she would know of wolves and not like them because of this.

I wanted to go home and find mom to see if this was all a joke, go to her workplace and see her checking on her patients with a smile, but I knew it was only imaginary, they had her and I had to get her back.

"We need to get her back." I sniffled wiping away tears. I could fall apart later, right now I had to be strong till my mom was back. "We will my love I promise, I already sent scouts to check St Maine east side." I hugged Emric knowing he was my pillar of strength and he would be here to help.

He led me out to the car park, Train came running toward us. "Em told me what happened, I'm here to help." I smile toward Train and we all get into the car. My mate drove toward the packhouse where I spot Mr. and Mrs. Everlin outside pacing.

"Honey I'm so sorry." Mrs. Everlin embraced me and I cried all over again, I couldn't be strong in her arms, so I let it out. "We'll get her back okay?" I nod because I couldn't say anything. "Take him upstairs and let him rest, the scouts will be back soon." Mr. Everlin spoke and Emric lifts me up taking me to the suite inside.

I didn't know how I felt, but all I knew was that I couldn't lose my mom, she was all I had before Emric.

+++

Follow - Vote - Comment

LMJ