9: You can count on me

February 2016

Molly's P.O.V

So, it's been a few weeks since I threw what could be called the best party ever.

It had to be one of the best nights of my life, and probably the most fun I had in years.

So the guys are starting rehearsals for the tour next month. They've been doing their own rehearsals in the garage. I'd come in usually in the middle and just watch them play.

Just watching them all play in the garage felt like old times again.

However, today, they wanted to do something with me before rehearsals. So they obnoxiously got me up, and some reason, I feel like I'm about to enter some boot camp session.

I went downstairs to see the guys all in some sort of camo outfits while Kate is on the couch.

"I swear to god if you're making this a boot camp class, I'm going back to hibernating." I say.

"Maybe it is." Luke says and I start running, but Michael stops me.

"No, it's not like the evil boot camp where you do stupid workouts and shit. This is to help you on stage." Micheal says.

"Then why are y'all dressed up like your the trainers in the army?" I ask.

"Stop asking questions Molls. Geez, you ask too much." Ash says.

"I told you!" Luke says and I do my beautiful ritual of throwing the pillow. Anytime he says something stupid, I like to throw it. It's been a long while since I threw one.

"Anywhoooo. First, vocal warm-ups." Cal says and so I follow as so. We do these weird noises that are supposed to 'exercise our vocals', yet all I'm hearing is the fact that we sound like monkeys.

"Now that we're warmed up, we shall get started. First, you need to master a walk." Cal says.

"When did we become models?" I say.

"Not like models. Basically 'this walk' is the walk you make from one side of the stage to another." Cal says.

"Sometimes you may have just the stage, sometimes there may be a 'runway stage' with the runway, or you may have platform stages where you have the mainstage and then a smaller platform to get closer with fans." Ash says.

"Huh, and I thought all stages were the same?" I say.

"Alright, now, this 'walk' you gotta make it look clean. Like you gotta act like some sort of natural." Kate says.

I think this part bouta be easy.

Cal turned on some music you'd hear on the runways of fashion shows, and then all of us did our 'walks.'

Mine was a mix of cute and a bit of flame....if you get what I mean.

"Damn Molls, who knew you got it in you?" Kate says as we high five each other.

"She ain't wrong there." Michael says.

"Alright, next step, confidence. When you're on stage, that's where you'd feel vulnerable. To help with that, you would have some sort of pre-show routine which you'll build over time." Luke says. Wow, hearing Luke being serious is not a normal thing.

"It's always those '5 minutes' calls where you get into this mindset of the stage. It's been known that once you have an empty mind from those 5 minutes before the stage, it gives out the best performances." Ash says.

"And what study proved this?" I ask jokingly.

"Us. Duh." Luke says. Now that's the goofy Luke I know.