30: Now the day bleeds into nightfall

A/N: I felt like posting this one now to celebrate the fact that this story somehow caught the eye of some Australians. So S/O to my Aussie readers!

Thank you for the reads you've given to me with this story, and I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it!

The outfit pic here is Molls' outfit to the party.

Now on with this chapter! If you love Molls, Calum, or both, get some tissues ready.

********************************************************************************************

July 2017

Molly's P.O.V

Alright, so, tonight, we are heading to a party.

Now, I'm not one for parties...even though I threw Cal a surprise one.

That one is different though because we were celebrating something. This party is gonna be in the setting of what may feel like a frat party.

I avoided those parties in college.

I don't know how the hell the guys convinced me to go. What's funny is, Kate, Santana, and Mali all helped convince me as well.

Cal said the host of the party is someone he knows and he said that if we get 'mobbed', then there is a way out.

I took his word, maybe it took a couple of days to say yes, but, I'm doing it for him.

Gah, I hate this. I hate it so much that the girls all wanted to go on a shopping trip.....and they're making me drive.

So, we were heading to the mall. I put the radio on and Kate, Mali, and Santana were all jamming out while I was in my thoughts. I was mentally preparing for this because I am secretly dreading this.

I know for sure there will be some drinks, and that's probably the only thing I'm looking forward to.

Somehow I got out of my thoughts and then I just hear screaming from them so I turned to the nearest parking lot and stopped.

"Molls, you okay?" Kate asked.

"Yeah. I was just, I don't know. I was focused on the road and in my thoughts, then when I got out of my thoughts, all I heard was screams." I say.

"You want me to take the wheel?" Santana says.

"Nah, I'm fine." I say.

We started driving again and they jammed out to the next song, but then Kate turns off the radio.

"Hey, what happened to the radio?" I say.

"Molls, what's going on in that little head of yours?" Mali says.

"I don't know. If I'm being honest, going to this party is giving me second thoughts." I say.

"Then why didn't you say no." I say and I give them a look.

"Molls, the look isn't helping." Kate says.

"You all looked excited to go, and I didn't want to ruin that excitement. Since we were going, I was probably planning on staying with Cal the whole time." I say.

"Babygirl, if you don't want to go, then we don't have to." Santana says.

"Nono. It's fine. We can go. I mean, if we do end up going to more of these, might as well get used to it. I'll just think of it like that bar we were in on New Year's Eve." I say.

"Now that's the spirit." Kate says.

I ended up singing the rest of the songs with them while focusing on the wheel.