32: With the Ghost of You

Oof...starting online school. Ugh, starting senior lyear online slightly sucks, but it's good for you guys since you'll get updates since I'm a smartie and pre-typed this whole story.

I was so not listening to Ghost Of You when editing, so um yea.

Anywhoooo, on with this chapter

*******************************************************************************

October 2017

Calum's P.O.V

So, since the guys have helped me over the month of August, I gained some sort of mind.

Basically I'm starting to regain myself and get back on my feet.

After we wrote the song that night, we wanted to call it Ghost Of You because the song was sort of describing the way someone is feeling after they've been broken up and they feel like they're left with the ghost of their past lover after they leave.

I've been in the studio more in the last two months than the last year itself. They were starting to record the songs we've all wrote collectively since the beginning of the year.

When I went into the studio to hear what they already got so far, it's crazy to see it coming to life.

Like when we're listening to the songs, you can tell that there's been growth and change in the way we do shit.

So today we were going to go record Ghost Of You. Now, this process would've been easy like how I did my vocals for the songs they already had 75% done. This one is one of the songs they haven't got done yet.

I was taking the long way to the studio to hope time will slow down. Once I started the route, I also forgot about LA traffic, so now I'm screwed.

The only way I'm screwed is if one of the guys would call me...and I haven't got- nevermind.

"Yello?" I say.

"Cal where are you?" Ash says.

Yup, I'm screwed.

"Well, um, funny story. So, um, I was driving, but I kinda went in a different route, and so, um, I'm kinda stuck." I say.

"Cal, are you good?" He says.

"Yeah. yeah. Totally." I say but then realized that my voice got higher and higher. Hopefully, he buys that.

"Then why is your voice getting higher and higher?" He says. Shit. he knows me too well.

"Okay fine. You caught me." I say after a sigh.

"Cal, if you want to record another day, you can." He says.

"If I say another day, will I end up doing it?" I say.

"That is true. Okay, come when you do come, they want to start with getting those bass riffs in and then they want you to get vocals done." He says.

"Alright, I may be there in an hour or so. I have no clue why I took this route." I say.

"Neither do I." He says. We both say bye and then we hang up.

So, it did take me an hour or so to get out of the traffic. It was a pain, but, I guess that's what happens when I take the long way.

I got in and they were recording Ash doing his drum parts.

I just sneakily get in and onto the couch where Mike and Luke were.

Then I get called in to record the bass part. I go inside the booth slowly, and somehow I make it inside.