2.

Present:

She wished she never met him.

Soomin thought as she woke up, her body aching as well as her heart. The pain was nothing new. She had learnt to live with it now and she had learnt never to resist her husband, Park Soongho's touch.

She looked to her left side of the bed where he slept peacefully, the white duvet hiding his lithe, naked body.

With a defeated sigh she got out of the bed, not caring about her naked form. It was only the two of them in the room and no one would dare come inside this room without risking their lives.

As she waited for the bathtub to fill up with warm water she examined herself in the full length mirror Soongho loved. Her upper body was full of purple spots, the imprints of big hands in the shade of red on her hips.

She had lost weight when she got married a year and a half ago but Soongho had put her on a diet so she gained weight and became like her original self.

Her skin shined, a healthy glow to it thanks to the routine she was made to follow along with the appointments with the dermatologist but the sadness and exhaustion on her face couldn't be hidden.

As she examined herself, she was reminded yet again that she was his wife, his doll to do with as he wished and she had no way to escape.

She hoped she could go back in time and reverse everything.
She hoped she never met Park Soongho that day two years ago.

She was drawn out of her reverie when the door to the bathroom opened and in stepped a sleepy looking Soongho. She stiffened as he came towards her and back hugged her, looking at her through the mirror.

She forced a smile. "Good morning, yeobu." He kissed the side of her neck. "Good morning to you too. I've marked you properly today, haven't I?" He asked, his eyes darkening as he looked at the hickeys he had left on her body.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Not enough to keep that man of yours to stay away from me." She said referring to her current bodyguard.

To be honest she hadn't liked him since the start. He was too snobbish, keeping a close eye on her and worst of all he had started touching her inappropriately. It's not like she could call police to have him arrested, he'd be out in a matter of minutes.

Soongho smirked like the devil himself, her stomach dropping at his expression. "Do you really think I'd let him near you ever again? He's gone, my love. Forever."

She gulped, not letting her expressions of indifference change. Getting out of his embrace she entered the tub, the warm water soothing her sore muscles. "Well, that's a relief. Who's going to be my new babysitter now?" She asked watching him getting into the glass shower cubicle.

"He's not a babysitter, jagiya. He's a bodyguard and you'll be pleased to know that he knows his ways around flowers." She scoffed. "Thank God, I don't think I would have been able to deal with another piece of stone this time. An useless manager is just as suspicious in a flower shop, you know."

His laughter echoed through the bathroom making her shiver, bringing back some horrible memories. No, scratch that, his whole existence was a nightmare for her.

"Yeobu, I need to leave. The flowers must be delivered by now." She said impatiently as he made no move to finish his breakfast. She couldn't tell him to eat faster though. She had such less freedom as it is. She had barely managed to get back her flower shop, she had opened after such hardwork. She didn't want to go back to a few months ago when he used to close her in a cold and damp room naked till she begged for his forgiveness.

He looked at her with blank eyes before nodding at a man in the doorway. Soomin watched as another man entered the room. He was taller than Soongho, bulkier as well. His face was completely devoid of emotions as he looked straight ahead but she was intrigued most by his light brown chocolate eyes that looked like dragon eyes. His jaw was set as he waited for further instructions.

"Soomin-ah, this is Kim Namjoon, your new bodyguard." Namjoon bowed deeply. Soomin got up, picking up her purse and turned to her ruthless husband. "If that's all, can I leave now?"

At Soongho's nod she went to him, kissing his cheek and left the house, the bodyguard behind her.

She hoped she could work on her escape plan now, if he wasn't a stuck up, loyal bitch like others.