10.

Namjoon trudged towards his apartment that night. A variety of thoughts going through his mind. He was so engrossed that he didn't notice that he shouldered one of his teammates, Jungkook.

They were known as the bulletproof boys in the Mafia world. Seven people with no relation with each other and yet closer than a family. They had trained, travelled and fought beside each other. They were together for a long time now and they hid nothing from each other.

"Hyung!" Jungkook's voice was a little annoyed as he looked in concern towards him as he sat heavily on the sofa. He rested his head back and covered his eyes with his arm.

"What happened to you? Shouldn't you be happy that we got ajumma to safety?" The younger boy asked passing a can of soda to Namjoon. He took a long swing of it before talking.

By now everyone had gathered in the room except for Yoongi and Jimin who must be in hiding right now with Soomin's mother.

"I am relieved that she's out of danger but our work hasn't finished yet. We have a lot to do." Taehyung, the second youngest snickered. "We wouldn't have to if you had not decided to help that lady. I still don't understand why we are helping her. She has everything a woman can ask for."

Hosoek shook his head, slapping Taehyung's head lightly. "We've been over this, Tae. She was forced into marrying Mr. Park. We don't help those who abuse women and children. We help the abused." Everyone nodded to that. "We will definitely help that noona. She must be lonely and sad." Jungkook said pouting slightly. "I bet she is but right now you all should go to sleep. We have much to do as Namjoon said." At the booming reminder from the eldest, Soekjin everyone started going to their respective rooms but he stayed back sitting with Namjoon. Soekjin could see that there was a lot on the younger's mind. He did a good job of leading everyone and ignored himself in the process and Soekjin did his best to lessen Joon's burden.

When the lights in the room switched off, Soekjin clasped Joon's shoulder bringing him out of his thoughts. "You look like you could use my handsome face to reduce your stress." The elder blew him a kiss which had both of them laughing. "Talk to me Namjoon-ah." The elder encouraged after they fell silent.

Namjoon fell back again, releasing a long sigh. He rubbed his head, collecting his words. "I have been thinking, hyung. Why did I decide to help that woman? Soongho hired me to keep her safe and also keep an eye on her but instead I'm helping her escape, breaking my contract and betraying someone I've known longer than her."

Soekjin hummed, rubbing his chin, thinking as well. "There are a lot of things to think about here, Joon. One of the main point is that Soongho isn't the boy you once knew. He has changed. You've admitted yourself." "I know I have but I still wonder if I'd have helped someone else in Soomin's place."

"Well, that depends. What do you see in Soomin? How do you feel every morning when you see her?" Joon's eyes narrowed at Soekjin's questions but he knew he could trust the elder to make him feel better and show him the right way. Soekjin had been like a lighthouse to his boat throughout the years, never letting him stray from his path.

"I don't really know, hyung. She looks so delicate and vulnerable sometimes but then when we are discussing the escape plan she has such fire in her eyes. She's not weak when she confidently argues with Soongho. She doesn't let herself be bullied. But then when I watch her work, she's like a complete different person. Her eyes burn with passion whenever she's working. To be honest I've never met a woman like her before. She has beauty and brains both. She's fierce and savage and intelligent. She never judges me and she's been such a good friend to me. She makes me feel like I'm her equal. It makes me feel warm all over and when she laughs...." He trailed off imagining her laughing wholeheartedly at his occasional clumsiness. The way her eyes twinkled and the way she'd clutch his arm to steady herself from falling while laughing made him feel like he was on top of the world. Her laugh made him feel heady and just plain high. He was addicted to her smile and her laugh.

Soekjin watched the huge ass grin on Namjoon's face with equally huge eyes. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. This boy, who was so serious and responsible sometimes was thinking and dreaming about a woman who was married and basically untouchable but he didn't doubt for a moment that he hadn't touched her before affectionately.

"You are in love with Soomin." Namjoon's head snapped towards Soekjin. He barked out a laugh which dissolved into coughs when Soekjin's smirk didn't leave his face.

He quickly got up, throwing the now empty can in trashcan. "I'm not in love with her. I do like her but I don't love her." He left saying that but he could hear his hyung laughing. "Whatever you say, Namjoon-ah. Only time will tell."

Namjoon shook his head and went to sleep but he couldn't shake Soekjin's words out of his mind.

Did he really love her?

No that was not possible. She was just a friend but you don't feel like killing someone when she got hurt, did you?

He couldn't deny the bloodlust he felt when he had to watch Soongho choke Soomin this evening. He couldn't shake the image of her struggling and her face turning blue with the lack of oxygen. He still felt angry.

But when he finally fell asleep he dreamt of her. He dreamt her smiling and laughing as he chased her along a bright sunny beach. He dreamt that he had her in his arms as he showed her his whole heart by loving her. He dreamt of a peaceful life with her.