5.

Later that night when Soomin was asleep in her room peacefully after a long and emotional day at work, Soongho called Namjoon to his office.

Namjoon sat infront of Soongho, his back straight and face blank, just like his father had taught him to be infront of his employer.

Soongho had always treated Namjoon like a little brother ever since he was brought in this house by his father. They had played when they were little, Namjoon's mother taking care of both of them alike but something had changed between them when Soongho turned 18.

Namjoon was sent away to be trained to be made the most lethal weapon of all. He had trained hard while Soongho had been learning business along with how to be ruthless and brutal as well.

Right now Soongho wished he wasn't so stiff but the days when they were closer than brothers were long gone.

"How was your first day?" Namjoon nodded at his boss. "It was good. Different from what I usually do." Soongho nodded. "And there were no suspicious activities?"

If you only knew, Namjoon thought thinking back to the enlightening day. "No, sir. Nothing suspicious."

"Do you want to know why I asked you to be her bodyguard?" He asked passing him a glass filled with amber liquid. Namjoon took it thankfully, loving the way the liquid burned its way down his throat.

"I don't trust many people, Namjoon. I never expected that someone who was so good at his work would try to touch what's mine." He saw the way Soongho's hand tightened around the glass. His eyes glowed with a strange kind of anger. Soomin was right. He was indeed obsessed with her.

His speculations were proven right when a girl, barely legal came in strutting only in an excuse of clothes. She went straight to Soongho and sat down on his lap kissing him deep, her tongue like a snake going down his throat.

To say the least, Namjoon was disgusted. It wasn't a new sight for him, where a married man used women like that but the high expectations he had built for Soongho were crumbling one by one.

He was angry now. Angry at Soongho for wasting Soomin's life. For ruining the idea of love for her. He was angry at the late Mr. Park for sending him away. Maybe, maybe if he had stayed back he could've kept Soongho on the right path. They could've gotten out of this gutter as well but it was a vain thought now.

As the girl started shedding her clothes one by one giving him a good strip show, Soongho talked. "Keep a close eye on Soomin. I'm not afraid of my rivals as I'm afraid of her trying to escape. I swear to god I'll kill her this time if she does something. But you." He said pointing his finger at him. "I trust you. Keep a close eye on her."

Namjoon nodded, getting up and going away as the sounds of moans started getting louder.

Without his knowledge, his feet took him to the room Soomin slept in. He realised that when he standing in the doorway, watching a sleeping beauty.

She was only one year older than him but it felt like she had aged far more than him. Her face and body were youthful but her eyes held her horrible past which he had seen coming to surface numerous times this day.

Right now, as she slept, he couldn't help but find himself attracted to this fragile looking woman who wasn't so fragile. He liked the way her face cleared of all the lines. She looked peaceful.

"Namjoon, is that you?" Her scratchy, husky voice drew his attention away from her luscious lips to her eyes. She slowly sat up, revealing the white Victorian style nightgown she wore.

She smiled groogily. He wondered how she could smile even though she lived in a literal hell.

"I don't think you should be here, Joonie." The nickname lifted his lips up in amusement. "I didn't know we were on nickname terms." She looked down, her cheeks taking the hue of a pale pink rose. "I'm sorry."

He shook his head going in further in the room. "No need to apologise. I was just joking." She smiled again. "That's a relief. I just saw your profile before going to sleep and realised you are only one year younger than me. So, I thought you could just call me Soomin."

His eyebrow raised. "You sure?" She nodded, grinning. His heart warmed seeing her smile with him. He wanted to make her laugh now. But before he could continue a high pitched scream rang through the big house.

Soomin sighed, looking down at her fingers. "I'm sorry you have to hear that." She said surprising him yet again. "You know that he..." She nodded at his unspoken words smirking. "I told you, he doesn't love me and what did you think? That he was completely celibate the first six months when I refused to let him touch me?"

"What changed?" He asked already dreading her answer but he needed to know. He didn't want to have false knowledge. He had had enough of that in the past.

"He held my mother at gunpoint."

Her words rocked him to the core but it just strengthened his resolve.