16.

Soongho's furious scream could be heard till the outer perimeter of his impressively big property. A fear instilled within the people working there.

It was never good news when a man like Park Soongho, who played with knives and guns as if they were toys got angry.

The man, who was supposed to be the best tracker had came back to his boss empty handed. "I don't want to hear your sorry excuses." Soongho screamed in the man's face, grabbing him by his collar. "I want them. Alive! Do you understand?" The other man nodded feebly. Soongho shoved him away, dismissing him immediately.

Putting the bottle filled with amber liquid against his lips, he chugged down the contents. A message in his phone caught his attention. It was a video message. From Namjoon.

The video played and he watched with blood boiling anger as the man started speaking. "Hello, Soongho. Don't scare your men too bad just to find me. You know none of your trackers will be able to succeed though you can try." Namjoon chuckled, his dimples which Soongho once found cute and innocent now infuriated him.

"You must be wondering why I helped your wife. Well, I won't lie. My initial plan was to take revenge but then she somehow made me fall for her just as you fell for her I'm sure. I don't blame you. She's such a pure soul, a source of light for people like us.

"You shouldn't have trusted me, Soongho. It was extremely stupid of you to trust someone whose father had been killed by your father. Old Park is dead but you are not and I won't be able to sit silent till I see your downfall.

"We'll meet soon, don't worry about that but I can assure you, you'd never set your eyes on Soomin again. I won't let you make her or anyone suffer anymore. I'll text you time and place to meet me. Be on time."

A dark chuckle left Soongho's lips as he put down the phone. It was true, he was stupid to trust him. How could he forget the hostility in Namjoon's eyes whenever he saw his father? How could he be stupid enough to entrust two outsiders with each other?

The bottle's impact with the ground shattered glass throughout his office followed by a howl so blood curdling, it had the women in the house scuttling for safety, away from this place because when his anger flared he took it on women.

Soon, the mansion filled with his manical laugh.
Namjoon thought he had everything in his hands, under his control but he forgot that he was still in his area. Namjoon wouldn't survive in his domain. He won't let him.

By interfering Namjoon had now made this about him and not Soomin. He was going to kill Namjoon for challenging him in this way. But before he did, he'd be sure to ruin Soomin right infront his eyes. He'd make him suffer by making him watch Soomin die in the most gruesome way and then kill him.

In his mind, Namjoon and Soomin deserved it.

***

"Are you sure, Namjoon wants to put himself in danger? We can handle Park on our own." Soekjin shared a glance with his teammates before turning to the police officer. "With all due respect, Officer Lee, it's best if you let us handle this. No amount of planning is going to let us avoid Park's people. We only want you to place sharpshooters to take out as many men as possible. Park is going to fight dirty and we don't want more bloodshed than necessary. We can handle most of them." Officer Lee conceded to the young man reluctantly. His eyes became soft as he looked up again. "What about Soomin?"

The young group of men looked at each other again. "If everything goes according to the plan, she'll be far away from here before everything starts. It's best if we take her to her mother." Lee nodded, feeling one burden lessening.

For these young men, their priority was taking Park Soongho down but for him, his priority was Soomin. He was determined to keep his promise to his partner and Mrs Kang who had always taken care of him like an elder sister. He'd do everything in his power to keep Soomin safe.