18.

Taehyung saw the way Soomin's demeanor changed. Saw the way her hands stopped shaking, her grip tightening on the gun confidently as if she had done this a thousand times before. There was fire in her eyes that scared him.

He grabbed her shoulder again, getting her attention. "Listen, we are not going to get involved in this fight. I need to get you to somewhere safe. I can't let anything happen to you." The woman only smirked. "Sure, whatever you say but I'm not going to leave this place till I see Soongho dying." The young man's eyes widened. "What? No, you can't. Let's not change the plan. We are supposed to get you out of here safe." She grabbed the younger's neck, bringing him closer so he could look at the fire blazing inside her eyes. "I agreed to listening to Namjoon but I never agreed to being on the sidelines. You boys wouldn't be here without you getting involved in my shit and I'm not about to leave you guys alone. I'm not going to leave Namjoon alone. I'm done with being scared and running away from my fears. Don't stop me now, Taehyung."

In that moment Taehyung's inhibitions about Soomin disappeared, replaced by immense respect and a shit eating grin. Soomin grinned as well watching the young man giving her another gun and a few more bullets. They nodded at each other before emerging from behind the container.

Soomin started raining hell on the people who were aiming to injure her and Taehyung. She didn't know where this urge for blood came from but the moment she had heard that bullet piercing the air, the moment when Soongho had killed her father and brother in cold blood had flashed in her mind, filling her with barely held anger. She had been helpless then to save her loved ones, she wasn't going to let this man rob her love again.

Everyone was surprised to see the entry of the frail looking woman on the field. It was even more surprising when they saw her aiming for a man's heart. Three bullets shot in the way they taught in a police academy.

Namjoon felt his chest puff with pride seeing how Soomin picked up an AK from the man who just fell down and started firing with an enraged roar, clearing her way towards Soongho. As soon as he realised what her intention was, fear bloomed in his heart. She wouldn't stand a chance against Soongho. He started making his way towards her.

Namjoon was going to try and stop her, she knew as she watched him slowly make his way towards her. Taking cover, and throwing away the AK whose magzine was now empty, she picked up another one. She had to move fast before he succeeded in swaying her with his words. She got up intending to go straight and not even glancing at Namjoon but she definitely wasn't ready for what she saw when she finally emerged out of her cover and into the line of fire.