Chapter One

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

"But a mermaid has no tears, therefore she suffers so much more"

------Hans Christian Anderson, "The Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

                    Chapter One═══════ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ═════

Chapter One
═══════ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ═════

"Are you sure absolutely sure you do not want to stay here for the summer? You are more than welcome to stay with me over the summer you know" My mother reminds me as she did her Jane Fonda work out DVD.

Seeing my Mother in all her glory working out in 80's work out gear was not my idea of what a fun summer was. At least I was going to have a place to escape for the summer.

"I am absolutely sure I want to go see Grandma. Besides if I do not go see her that means she will just come out here to see us" I cannot help but point out.

That did the trick. A look of dismay crosses my Mother's face as I mention her Mother coming out to see us. I grin.

"No thanks. I have enough I am dealing with. Hey, go get my address book. I promised your Father I would give him the number to the bakery shop today for his wedding" Mother demanded to me as she points to her address book that was over there on the book shelf.

"Mother? Don't you find it odd to be planning your soon to be ex-husband's wedding? You should not be helping him! I would be smashing cake in his face and telling him to stuff cake where the sun does not shine!" I snap feeling anger come over me toward my own Father.

"Now Sydney that is not a nice way to talk about your Father. We are still good friends. Besides in my Yoga class Chris tells me that it is not good to hold on to your anger. I keep telling you to come to class with me. Chris can help you get rid of those negative thoughts that you are holding onto" Mother puffs as she jumps up in down making a spectacle of herself.

• ❤︎ •

That was another reason I wanted to head out to Grandmas. Here lately these days my Mother wanted to be my best friend. Wanted to take Yoga classes. Painting, pottery classes. You name it. She wanted to go out there and do it. I was not in the mood for that.

I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my own life here. I had just gotten out of high school a few years ago. I had a whole year to myself which was grand. But now I had to figure out what to do with the rest of my life. One thing I knew I did not want to become my Mother's personal guidance counselor.

Finn [Merman]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara