Chapter Nine

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

"She's out there somewhere"
-----Hans Christian Anderson, "Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

                                 Chapter Nineღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter Nine
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

I had no chance of seeing Finn today. Well not right now. I was busy at work. I had been working two days straight. I loved my new job. I just wish I had more time for the beach. More time for well...you know whom. But I was new here. So I had to take whatever shift they choose to give to me here.

Beggars' could not be choosers. Right? By the time I got home from work the sun had set. And I was not having any free time for my new buddy Finn.

I must admit. I had it pretty bad for the man. Well fish. MerMAN. Sorry. I kept replaying the kiss we shared in my mind over and over.

I wondered if we would ever share more? I hoped Finn did not feel like I was avoiding him. I was not at all. More than anything I wanted to go out and see him.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Sydney?" I hear someone say behind me. It was my friend Charlotte from swim class. From the looks of things she was working here at the aquarium to!

"Hey! Fancy meeting you here!" I tell her cheerfully.

She hugs me hello. She had a broom in one hand and a dust pan in the other. I had just gotten done giving tours to some people about all the different kinds of fish that were here.

"You work at this dump? Jordan must have just hired you. I have been here for four years. Well when I was able to start working here after high school. So not fair Jordan always gives the newbies the tour guide jobs" she grumbles.

"I am sorry, he does seem like a bit of a jerk" I tell her.

He was hitting on me all week. I knew he was trying to find the time to be with me alone so that he could ask me out on a date. I was going to turn him down. I was already interested in someone else anyway.

"Biggest jerk there is here" she grumbles. "He is so weird. He believes that merfolk and other mythical creatures are real. He claims to be a relative of the great pirate that died around here long ago. His name was Jonathan Jacks Skyward. Jordan's last name is Skyward to. But there are many Skywards. The loon just wants a reason to be famous. He must think Big Foot is real to" she mumbles. I blush thinking if she only knew Finn. But I was not going to tell her about Finn. He was my secret. Well between Gram and myself.

"Ladies are you needing some help? Or do I need to find you a job to do around here? There is a lot of work that needs to be done here" Jordan demands as though he could read our minds. Had he heard us talking about him? Was he keeping tabs on us??