Chapter Eleven

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

"You don't need water to feel like your drowning"
------Hans Christian Anderson, "Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

Chapter Elevenღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter Eleven
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

"You are engaged?" I manage to stammer as I feel my heart being stomped on.

I was really glad that I had not told Finnagen that I was falling in love with him. It was clear that this was not meant to be. He was a merman. I was human. It could never work. No matter how much I loved him. Love. I did love him. I groan.

"Sydney, let me explain please okay? Keep clam. And Crystal, I told you as well as my FATHER the wedding was off. I will not marry for the kingdom I do not want to run it" he reminds her.

"But Finn! This is your destiny to run this kingdom. Your people need you! Who else will run things? Your foolish little brother Duke?" snaps Crystal. "I do not wish to marry Duke"

"You know I care for you as a friend. I hope the best for you and my brother. I will not take the thrown" snaps Finn. He looked pretty upset. "I will not have my future set out for me"

"I know things are unfair Finn. But we need you! You cannot WAIST your life here with a HUMAN!" she snaps.

"I am not wasting my time here with Sydney. She cares for me. I care for her. At least she cares enough to listen to me and what I want from my life" he argues. I feel very awkward then. I wished I could swim back. Hide in a hole. Never to return about now.

"Finn come home. Your Father is a wreck" Crystal demands with anger.

"I am sure he is. But he will get over it! My brother will make a fine king. That is what he wants. I do not want it!" argues Finn.

"Hanging out with humans. Such a waste of time" snaps Crystal.

"He has been missing everyone. He told me he cares" I pipe up. She glares at me. If looks could kill I would be dead by now.

"You made a mess of things. Caring for merman. Don't you have a human of your own kind to cling onto? This will never work. What can you hope to gain from this?" she snaps angrily at me.

Well ouch. What she said is true.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"CRYSTAL! Do not talk to my friend in such manners" snaps Finn. "I am from the Kingdome. Treat my friend with the given respect" he demands to her.

"I am sorry. I speak truth. Waisting if time on HER giving HER the pearl is foolish. You can never be together. She has legs. You have a FIN Finn! Think clearly! You two will not work. We do. Come back home" she yells at us both. She glares at me then heads back down in the sea. Splashing me with water. Right in the face.