Chapter Sixteen

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

"I must be a mermaid! I have no fear of depths, and a great fear of the shallow living"

----Hans Christian Anderson, "The Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

Chapter Sixteenღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter Sixteen
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

"Why is my daughter and my Mother still in lock up? I flew over night to bail them out! I demand their rights! They got one phone call but have they saw their appointed lawyer!? Have they?" I can hear my Mother yelling in the local police office.

We had called her last night so we could post bail. But then the charges were dropped on us. Seeing as JORDAN could not prove that there were such things as mythical merfolk.

The court of law saw Jordan as unstable. And wanted him to drop all charges against us as well as seek help!

"We are working on their paper work Miss. They will be out in no time" the officer tells my Mother calmly. Gram smiles over at me as we sit at a table with Charlotte in the interrogation room.

"How exciting for my summer! Merfolk! Getting arrested!" giggles Charlotte.

"You have not experienced nothing until you meet my Mother" I grumble.

"Oh sugar your Momma is not that bad" Gram reminds me.

"I DEMAND JUTICE! That man should be in the looney bin! There is no such thing as MERFOLK! I will not have my daughter in the slammer a moment longer!" I hear Mother yelling.

Charlotte looks over at me wide eyed. I roll my eyes and sigh. I was just glad that Finn was not here to meet my Mother. He lucked out here.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Roberta you need to calm down now" I hear my Father saying. DAD was here to? I groan. That meant...

"When can we go home?" whined Vanessa (soon to be wifey number two)

"As soon as we spring Sydney from jail honey" Dad tells Vanessa.

"Stop saying that Robert!" snaps Mother.

"Just a moment folks. Paper work is all done. Let me get them for you" the officer replies. I sigh. I would rather be locked up then see my family. But there was no way of getting out of this now. 

"Baby! You are okay! Did they treat you well in here? If one hair on your head was harmed they will pay!" Mom declares as she rushes in the room with us as we are freed. She grabs me and hugs me as though I had not saw her in years.