Chapter Seven

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

"Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up"

---Hans Christian Anderson

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

                                     Chapter Seven  ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter Seven
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

I was here at the YMCA. Not sure what I was doing here. But I was here. In my swim suite. The adult swim class. After my first swim session with Finn, I knew I wanted to learn to swim better. Not just to impress Finn. But to swim because of my own sanity.

So I would no longer be afraid of the water. That would be a plus for me. Just standing there at the edge of the pool was starting to give me all kinds of anxiety issues here. There was a girl my age next to me who had the same look of fear on her face as I did.

I was glad to see I was not the only adult on this planet who feared swimming. She smiles at me as I tuck my hair under my swim cap on my head. I know swim cap. Old school. But I did not want to fix my hair again later on.

Grandma was sitting up in the bleachers of the YMCA reading a book, and waiting for me. It was good to know I had her cheering me on. Or jeering at me later for chickening out. Time would tell.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"The first step is learning how to swim. My name is Stephanie Myers. I will be your coach. You will learn a lifesaving thing today. Swimming. You can save your own life and save a life of someone who might not be able to swim later on, who knows!" Stephanie tells us as she has her clip board out. "This is my partner Kimmy Jones. She will help out to here" Stephanie introduces the other instructor. "I will call out names here on my clip board for those who signed up for this class. Just say hear when I call your name out" she replies. She begins to say a list of names. "Sydney Shoopman?"

"Here!" I call out feeling shame creep in my cheeks as I get curious glances my way.

Everyone here could not swim. They were just like me. So what did I have to fear? Or be ashamed about?

"Charlotte Shallows?" calls out Stephanie.

"Here!" calls out the overweight girl with red curly hair who was standing next to me.

"You hate to swim to?" Charlotte asks me curiously.

"With a passion" I admit with a smile.

"Me to" she sighs. "I am only here because my Mom bribed me to"

"I am here because I am tired of being afraid to swim" I tell her.

"That to" grumbles Charlotte.