Chapter Twenty-Two

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

"Listen to me! The human world is a mess!"

-----Hans Christian Anderson, "The Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

Chapter 22ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter 22
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

I was at home now. Finn had stormed off to our bedroom not saying a word. Grandma was on bed. She had no idea what was going on. I deiced to get myself a pillow and a blanket from the linen closet for the night.

To camp it on the couch. I snuggle up on the couch. Alone. Worried. Tears come to me. I know I let my fears of my past relationships' hurt Finn tonight.

I admit I was scared here. I was letting someone else know I loved them. That scared me to be out there like that. I feel a hand on my shoulder suddenly.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Syd?" he says softly. I do not look up. I did not want him to see me crying. "Hey look at me" he begs me softly. I could not look at him. He bends down to me. He is now looking at me.

"I love you with all my heart Sydney. All I want is for us to be together. I want to be married to you. Spend my life with you. Ever sense we were back at the cove, I knew you loved me. That you felt the same as I did about you. Then I gave you the clip. I thought then we were engaged. I do not want anything to break us up. You have my heart Syd. I treasure that you gave me your heart in return. I will not break it" he promises me. He takes my chin and lifts my face to look at him. "Oh Sydney don't cry, we are nowhere near over with" he vows to me as he takes me in his embrace. The water works come to me as he holds me. "Sydney you know we were meant to be"

"Can you forgive me Finn? For being so stupid tonight?" I sniff as he holds me. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"There is nothing to forgive. I love you. Never stopped. I do not want Hilary. I want you. Do you know how much I want you?" he asks me.

"As much as I want you to?" I reply.

"Oh Syd. She was making attempts to get to me. But they did not work. Want to see what I was going to show her? Something I bought on my lunch break?" he asks me softly.

"Sure" I reply.

He leans in and kisses me when we pull back. He grins as his hand caresses my cheek. He reaches in his pocket and hands me a little box.

"Sydney Shoopman will you do me the honor of being my wife forever and always? I love you. Never will I love another as much as I love you. You own my heart. Will you show the world that by wearing my ring? Will you marry me Sydney?" he asks me as he opens the little box with his poor shaky hands. Inside the box is a little simple ring. An engagement ring. It must have cost him his whole first pay check we had gotten last week.