Chapter Twenty-Four

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

"I love only you! So you know!"

----Hans Christian Anderson, Little Mermaid

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

Chapter 24ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter 24
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

"Sydney! It is Finn! Something is wrong! He is crying out there" Grandma calls to me as I rush into the living room to see what that noise was coming from the beach.

"Finn? What is wrong with him?" I cry in alarm as she hands me a flash light. We head out to the beach in search for him. Waaailll. I could hear his sad cry in the night.

"Call to him sugar" Grandma demands to me.

"FINN! Where are you?" I cry in alarm as we walk along the sea shore searching for him.

Suddenly I see him glaring at me in the light of my flash light.

"FINN! What is wrong?" I cry with worry. He glares at me then goes to leave.

"FINN!" I cry in alarm...

"Sydney what is wrong? You were crying my name in your sleep?" Finn yawns as he wakes me.

I look up at him sleepily. I was in bed. Safe in his embrace. That memory. Of nearly losing him had come back to haunt me in my dreams. I shiver.

• ❤︎ •

"Sydney what is going on? What did you dream about? Why were you crying?" he begs to know.

"I had a flash back dream. Of when you were out there in the sea. Crying. For me. Remember that?" I ask him softly as he laces our fingers together as he holds my hand.

"Yes I do sadly" he sighs.

"I was so upset. We thought that they got you. And that you were hurt. Then it turns out I was the one who hurt you Finn" I say softly. Tears come to me. I never got to tell him how sorry I was for hurting him that night. Because Jordan had kidnapped him the day after when I had tried to find him. I kiss his hand.

"I was in misery. I was stuck in the ocean. Powerless to find you. Go after you. I was sure I lost you for good. I did not understand why. Because last I knew I could tell you loved me. Or so I thought I read your emotions right. I could not help but cry for you. I did not think anyone could hear me" he explains.

"Oh Finn. I am sorry for causing you any sadness. I did love you. Just I was sure we could never be together because you were a merman. I thought you were better off without me. Did you know that night I was trying to be brave. I went out to swim after you. I nearly drowned that night" I mention to him.

"Sydney! How could you risk that? You could have died. Then we would have never been together" he sighs as he holds me close. He kisses my forehead.

"I did not care. All I know was that you were hurting. Sad. I wanted you back. Then Crystal rescued me that night" I inform him.

"She did? Amazing for her. She used to hate humans" remarks Finn.

"She did" I tell him.

"I am glad she did. Sydney, I love you with my heart and soul. We are going to wed. Become a family. I want to give you a home. Everything you have always wanted. I will never hurt you. Break your heart. Let's put the past behind us. Jordan. The pain. Worry. All of that. Let's focus on us. This wedding. And spending the rest of our lives together" Finn replies as he grins at me happily in the moonlight.

"That is the best idea ever Finn. By the way what is my new last name going to be? Do you have a last name?" I giggle. I never have gotten to ask him that. So much had been going on for us. We had to fight to be together. Now we could have our happily ever after.

After all.

• ❤︎ •

"Yes I have a last name. It is Orland" he tells me.
"I will be Mrs. Finnegan Orland" I giggle.

"Odd name is it?" he says with a grin on his face.
"No I like it" I promise him. He kisses me.

"Good Mrs. Orland. Mrs. Sydney Orland. I like the sound of that" he says happily.
"I do to" I agree. He yawns.

"Oh man I have to go to work soon" he mumbles.

"I know. I am sorry for waking you up with my nightmares" I sigh as I kiss his chest.

"We are here for each other. For better or worse" he reminds me.
"Yes" I tell him.

"We have a bright future ahead of us Sydney. I can't wait to spend it with you" he reminds me before we fall back to sleep in each other's arms.

"Yes we do Finn. We sure do. I love you Finn" I yawn as I snuggle back in his embrace for the night as I fall asleep.

"Sweet dreams Syd. I love you to" I hear him whisper as I close my eyes for the night.

The End....

[Stay Tuned for Sydney Book Two!]

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|