Chapter Three

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

"She laughed and danced with thought of death in her heart"

------Hans Christian Anderson, "Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

Chapter Three ஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐ

Chapter Three
ஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐ

It was a new day here for me. My first real official first day of summer. I was enjoying spending time with my Grandma. I was hanging out just helping her in her garden. She was telling me old sea folk tales she used to try to convince me were real.

Just as she always did every summer. Grandma had fallen asleep in front of the tv with "The Rachel Ray" cooking show on tv. I turn down the tv. Then Rigsby decides to follow me and see what I was doing.

We were supposed to get a storm rolling in here sometime during the night. Not yet. Though the clouds in the sky were a bit gray out there was no rain pelting down yet. I decided to talk a walk alone down on the beach before Grandma headed to bed for the night.

Some nights she tended to just fall sleep in front of the tv. I get on my hot pink Nike beach shoes. I wore shorts so I could go wading a little in the water. I would start swimming little at a time. No need to dive right in this time right?

• ❤︎ •

"No Rigsby. You stay here with Grandma. Besides nothing worse than to smell a wet dog. Just in case I get rained on, heading home. Stay boy" I demand to Rigsby who was begging for me to take him along on the walk.

I decide to get an umbrella to take with me. And a towel in case I got my sea legs a little wet along the way. Then I was on my way. I left Rigsby at home. Who was pouting by the front door where I left him last!

I begin to walk out to the beach. Maybe I could find a few shells. Begin some kind of ESTY store online and make crafts for fun. I always loved to be creative.

Who knew what I would end up doing here. I did want to start looking for a job while I was down here. Especially if I was going to be living down here with Grandma. I was never going to be a freeloader. I always paid bills. Or offered to help in any way to my family.

Maybe that was why they did not want to get rid of me. I had quite my last job at the local movie theatre. Right when summer started. I knew I needed some much time to myself. It was hard to quite the job when I had worked there sense my junior year in high school.

The place had many memories for me. But it was time to move on. Time to grow up. Time to find out who I was. I began to walk to the ocean. There was a cloud above that began to look like rain might start to come on down at any given moment here. But I did not let it worry me.