Chapter Five

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

"When the world says give up, hope whispers try one more time"

------Hans Christian Anderson, "Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

Chapter Five
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

A wave took me under in the oceans waters. I open my mouth to gasp for air water rushes into my mouth forcing me to close it back up. The waves were tough. Pulling me down further into the depths of the oceans waters.

I can feel myself sinking lower into the ocean. I was no longer in control of my fate. I close my eyes bracing myself for the worst which was yet to come. Two pair of very strong arms grab me at my waist. They begin to help me swim back up to the surface. I gasp for air once we hit the surface.

"You're safe now" he says to me.

"Finn!" I call out gasping for air in my restless sleep.

• ❤︎ •

Every time I closed my eyes drowning in the waters was all I could dream about at night. It was tormenting my soul. I wanted to learn how to swim. So that would never happen again.

EVER.

I sigh as I sit up in bed grateful that it had all been just a dream. I was alive and well. And having nightmares in my bed. Rigsby had heard me crying in my sleep. He made his way in my room. He manages to jump up with me on my bed.

"Hey boy" I greet him hello. He climbs in my lap wagging his little tail at me with joy. The light in my bedroom turns on. Grandma had woken up when she heard me cry out.

"Nightmare sugar pie?" she asks me.

"Uh-huh, nightmare" I sigh.

"Same dream?" she asks me.

"Same!" I grumble.

"We can get you free swimming lessons down at the YMCA if you wish" Grandma offers. It would be nice. But a bit embarrassing for a girl my own age to take swimming lessons.

"I don't know Grandma. We will see" I sigh.

"One thing at a time. We will get you there" she promises me as she sits down on the bed with me. "So need some warm milk to help you get to sleep?" she offers.

"Might" I tell her. I pet Rigsby who had made himself rather comfy in my lap. He had fallen asleep on me here.

"Okay, it is raining out. So no beach today. It is supposed to rain all day" she tells me.