Chapter 9

Rosie opens the door to the three broomsticks, Draco follows her in shortly after. She sees her dad sitting at one of the tables in the pub. She smiles before walking over to him.

"Dad!" She says. He stands up and hugs her.

"Rosie! How are you my dear!" He smiles.

"I'm good dad! This is my future h-husband Draco." She blushes.

"Ah, I've heard about you. Nice to meet you Draco." Rosie's dad says and shakes Draco's hand. Draco smiles at the man.

"It's nice to meet you to sir." He says.

"Just call me Liam." He smiles at Draco. All three of them sit down at the table.

"I ordered 3 butterbeer for us. I hope you don't mind." Liam says.

"That's fine dad, me and Draco both like butterbeer."

As the hours went by, Draco and Rosie's father seemed to get along quite well. Rosie smiled at them two bond. She was quite happy that her dad accepted Draco.

"Your my daughter's first boyfriend let alone husband!" Her father says.

"Really?!" Draco says looking at Rosie shocked. Rosie blushes and nods.

"I hope you will treat my daughter well. She's been through a lot."

"I will Liam, don't worry. Your daughter is one of a kind." Draco smiles.

——

It was late when the couple got back so they both just got into bed. They weren't tired enough to go to sleep yet so they were both just quietly chatting.

"My dad likes you then." She says.

"I guess, your dad is super nice and caring compared to my father." He sighs. Rosie moves a little closer to Draco so she could comfort him.

"I'm always here Draco, your lucky you have both of your parents in your life. I didn't even have a chance to get to know my mother." She sighs.

"What happened to her?" Draco hesitantly asks.

"When I was five, my mother left us. My father found out she had an affair with another man and saw her packing her bags and leaving. I remember her storming out and I never saw her again. I tried to send her letters by owl, I knew she received them but she never bothered to write back. She was busy with her new family." Rosie sighs, tearing up.

Draco pulls Rosie into his chest and wipes her tears away.

"It's okay Rosie. Just because your mother didn't care for you when you were younger, your father has done since you were born. Your very lucky to have a caring family member in your life." He says. Rosie nods and closes her eyes.

"You should get some sleep, love."

Rosie blushes at the new nickname but she was too tired to respond. She ended up falling asleep in Draco's arms.

Draco didn't mind one bit, he felt a lot more relaxed that Rosie was with him. She brought him a sense of calmness into his life and he wasn't complaining one bit.

(I'm gonna post a couple of chapters in a couple of days/weeks)