04

three years ago

three years ago

he looked back and he saw the five students still chasing him. he tore his eyes away from them to focus on what's in front of him, afraid that he might bump into someone or something because he wasn't looking. he kept on cursing while running, his drowsiness and his exhausted body earlier was awakened by the incident.

he suddenly felt someone pulled him into a narrow, dark alley. he was squirming out from the grasp at first but a faint light from the street lamp helped him see that it was minji and not one of the students who were chasing after him.

minji stopped on her tracks but she's still holding renjun's wrist, making him stop running too. "shit, dead end," he heard her cursed, he only realized now that she was still in her uniform.

minji suddenly looked at him and she swiftly took off renjun's hoodie from his body which made the boy flustered. luckily, he was wearing a shirt unlike what he does usually. she quickly stuffed his hoodie in her bag and closed it.

minji searched around the area for the second time for a possible escape route but she couldn't find anything. with a plan on her mind, she abruptly messed renjun's hair and she quickly untied her ponytail as she casually comb it with her fingers which made renjun gulped.

as soon as they heard voices approaching them, minji put her hands on renjun's nape and pulled him close. dangerously close. she leaned her face towards him closer and shifted to an angle. they were almost kissing, but when someone will look at them, they will assume that they are kissing.

then, they heard a flustered voice, "s-sorry!" one of the students who came to search for renjun along the alley apologized for ruining their moment and hurriedly ran away from them.

minji cautiously checked for any traces of the students that were chasing renjun before pulling away from him slowly. "i'm sorry, i couldn't think of anything as an escape," she whispered to him who couldn't help but to stare at the girl.

as they prepared themselves to run away from the dark alley, they heard the students' voices again.

"are you sure you didn't see him? i told you i saw him entering that alley!"

"i just saw two teenagers making out, not the one on a hoodie."

"you just didn't search well."

"wait-"

when they heard footsteps approaching their hiding spot, minji panicked so she put her arms around renjun's neck then she pulled him awfully close again. but this time, she miscalculated the force she used in pulling him, making their lips meet for real. they were both shocked but they didn't pull away as they heard voices approaching them fast. renjun's eyes widened in surprise but he soon gently pushed minji against the wall and started to lead the kiss. his one hand was placed on the wall and the other one wrapped around her hips.

the students witnessed the scene and they immediately looked away and ran, blaming each other as they were embarrassed to see a couple they didn't know that were making out. their action made it seem like they won't come back anytime soon.

on the other hand, renjun and minji continued their moment as renjun tried to deepen the kiss by removing his hand on the wall and placing it on minji's face to cup her cheeks. he felt minji's fingers brush through his hair as she slightly tugged it, making him breathe heavier at the sensation.

renjun and minji groaned when they heard a phone ringing. when minji realized that it was her phone, she flinched and suddenly pulled away from renjun, who unconsciously followed minji's lips but immediately stopped himself when he realized what he was doing. minji quickly fished her phone out of her bag pocket and accepted the call from her brother.

"you're already at jeno's? okay, don't worry i'm already near our house," minji tried not to give a hint that she was catching her breath.

minji felt her cheeks reddened when she felt renjun's gaze on her. "oh, huang?" the sudden mention of his name made him look away from her. "he's not answering your calls? i haven't seen him but yeah, i'll check if their lights are on later when i arrive home."