11

"this part is tricky, you need to pay attention to the changes in patterns so you will not be confused," renjun encircled a figure with a red pen and wrote a key note under it

at first, minji thought that it'll be awkward studying with him. well, it was awkward but after some time, they found themselves asking each other; minji asking renjun about the concepts and renjun asking minji about the definition when the language terminologies got too deep for him to understand.

minji was taking down notes when she was distracted by a figure that she saw sat beside renjun who is sitting in front of her. she looked up and she saw a pretty girl chatting with renjun. they seemed close, a bit too close, literally. she couldn't help but to compare herself to the lady. she's well dressed unlike minji who obviously didn't put an effort to doll up.

"renjun-ah, can you help me with physics? i can't understand this part," the girl opened her notes and leaned closer to him, making minji's left eyebrow raise. she surely won't understand that if she's just gonna stare at his face and not on her notes, minji shot her a glare.

renjun finally noticed that minji was looking at them with a displeased look. he thought that it was because of the topic that minji couldn't understand earlier so he leaned over the table to look at minji's notes, "should i give you more examples?"

minji closed her notebook and smiled at him, "i'm going to grab a drink, what do you want me to buy?" she then faced the girl beside renjun who was obviously upset that he shifted his attention to minji. "how about you, sunbae? you look really thirsty, will a bottle of water suffice?" minji didn't let them speak, she quickly walked her way out of the library to look for the nearest vending machine.

she pressed the button of the vending machine hard, thinking about what she did earlier. that's so fucked up, minji, she thought to herself. she instantly regretted her actions as soon as she left them in the library. she knew herself that she has no right to act that way, after all she's the one who left renjun.

as she picked up the can of soda from the vending machine, she heard a faint sound of two people arguing. the fight seemed personal so she didn't want to meddle with their business but when she was about to go back to the library, she heard a familiar name mentioned in the argument, making her stop on her tracks.

chenle isn't a common name, that's why she assumed that the chenle mentioned was her best friend. she discreetly moved towards the fire exit where the noise is coming from. she peeked through the slight opening of the door and there she saw chenle talking to a girl shorter than him. minji couldn't see the girl's face because she was facing her back.

their argument seemed to be a heated one, chenle seemed to be really mad and minji knew that chenle rarely gets angry. but other than anger, she could also see that he seemed hurt.

"it's funny how you didn't talk to me in ages but now you want me to talk to her," the girl's voice is awfully familiar but minji couldn't pinpoint who she might be.

chenle looked more hurt than he was before as he answered with a quiet voice, "you kept on pushing me-us away, didn't you?"

"you all left me."

minji decided not to eavesdrop anymore since it was getting too personal and she was about to walk away when she realized who the owner of the voice might be. she unconsciously stepped back in shock and was about to slip but she managed to grab the door handle, making a noise, causing the two to turn their heads in her direction.

their faces were painted with astonishment when they realized that someone was listening to their conversation, moreover when they found out that it was minji. the girl chenle was talking to earlier hurriedly went to the door and was about to walk away but stopped when she saw minji's eyes brimming with tears.

"chenle-ah," she called chenle but she was still staring at minji. "you might be glad that she's back... but i'm not," chaeyoung coldy stated before walking away from her two former closest friends.