12

renjun was still with his classmate, helping her with physics, but he seemed to be spacing out, worried because minji was surely taking her time buying a drink

renjun was still with his classmate, helping her with physics, but he seemed to be spacing out, worried because minji was surely taking her time buying a drink. he unconsciously drew circles on his notes and the girl he's with seemed to be upset since he's not paying attention to her.

"renjun," she called him but he still seemed to be more interested in his notes than her. she called him again but sweeter this time, "renjun-ah."

he finally seemed to be waken up from his trance. he scratched the back of his neck as he apologized, "i'm sorry, where were we?"

the girl smiled at him and was about to open her mouth to say something when minji's phone that was placed on the table suddenly lit up due to an incoming call from chenle. she didn't bring her phone with her? renjun became more worried as he reached for the device and answered it.

"minji, where-"

"chenle? why are you panting?"

"renjun? are you with minji?"

"i was. like 30 minutes ago? she
hasn't come back here in the
library yet."

"gege."

"what is it? are you alright?"

"i was with her minutes ago...
but she ran away, i can't find
her anywhere. it's raining
hard outside, i'm worried-"

"zhong chenle, calm down first.
where are you?"

"they met, gege."

"who-"

"minji met chaeyoung."

"wait for me there, chenle."

renjun hurriedly shoved his things inside his backpack as he took out his umbrella, his ear leaning on his shoulder to make sure that the phone won't fall while talking to chenle. he carried his bag and minji's as he bowed in apology to his classmate, muttering a sorry, i have to go before leaving.

he held minji's phone firmly as he scanned the area as soon as he went outside the library. minji, where are you? he squint his eyes, hoping that he could see minji through the heavy rain. wishing that minji isn't drenched in the rain, he walked towards the nearest bus stop waiting shed to check.

feeling uneasy because he saw no one there, he slumped his bag and minji's on the chair. he searched around the area and there he saw two girls in the middle of the rain. the girl left the other one alone, walking away.

"renjun?"

"i found her."

renjun put minji's phone on his bag before running his way towards minji with only an umbrella with him. he immediately took off his knitted cardigan and wrapped it around her in attempt to make her warm. minji turned around to face renjun, only to step back when she saw his worried face. the umbrella he was holding followed her, he didn't mind getting soaked just to keep minji out from the rain.

aside from raindrops falling from minji's hair, renjun saw a single tear escaped from minji's eye before she asked him, "huang, do you also hate me that much?"