28

CHENJI'S THIS AND THAT

JISUNG
has anyone of u saw renjun

JISUNG
come on chae i know u're
reading this

CHAEYOUNG
no ihabvent seen hum

JISUNG
wtf are you drunk

CHAEYOUNG
no wtf

CHAEYOUNG
i'm in mrs. kang's class
rn and she'll kill me the
moment she catches me
using a phone

JISUNG
oh the terrible prof

JISUNG
terror* omg auto correct
gets me sometimes

JISUNG
chae????

CHENLE
wait, she was caught

CHENLE
shit

CHAEYOUNG
we, chenle. we

CHAEYOUNG
shit we were sent out of
class i love my life <3

CHAEYOUNG
we need to pass a 7000
word essay on saturday 😭

JISUNG
sorry...

CHAEYOUNG
no, it's okay it's my fault anw

CHENLE
so what were you asking???

CHENLE
i haven't seen him since last
night? why

JISUNG
minji's play will start in an
hour, i can't see him here in
the theater hall

CHAEYOUNG
really? we're on our way wait
for us

JISUNG
yeah, i already saved seats
for you

CHAEYOUNG
uh maybe he's painting rn?
he's pretty busy too, right?

CHENLE
there's no way he'd miss the
play, he's been saying that he's
excited for that since a month
ago even though minji only
wrote it, what more if she is
the actress now?

MINJI
he can't come

MINJI
he's been stressed about
the deadline of his project
he needs to focus on his
works more

MINJI
don't worry about me, i'm
just nervous for the stage
but i'm really fine

"what do you mean there's no make up artist available?" minji sighed at the sudden news. the other actors and actresses are also frustrated about the production team's mistake but they couldn't do anything but to groom by themselves, leaving minji alone in the room.

it isn't really a huge obstacle for them but for minji, it is. using a multi purpose tint is the most that she can do. she decided to get her hair done first before she do an experiment on her face using the cosmetics in front of her.

minji put the last bobby pin to hold her braided bun when she heard a knock on the door, creaking sounds erupted as someone pushed it open. "makeup artist is here," a soothing voice said but minji was too busy to notice.

once she's done with her hair, she turned around only to see renjun scanning the eyeshadow palette, biting his lip as he think of color combinations he could do that will fit minji the most. everything looks good on her though, he thought as he placed back the set to look at minji.

his girlfriend stared at him for long time, shocked since she really thought that renjun couldn't come to watch her. the boy only smiled at her, "i'm here, baby."

"but you're busy-"

he stepped closer to play with the stray lightly curled hair strands that minji purposely left to add a style to her hair, "didn't i tell you back then? that i'll surely come to watch your stage, actress."

renjun will never let himself miss even one of her performances, that's an unspoken promise of his to her. he then proceeded to tell minji that he was on his way to the theater hall when the production crew asked some help to the visual arts major for the aesthetic of the actors and actresses. he also confessed that this is his first time applying makeup to someone because they use paint to apply makeup on their canvasses.

he is a quick but meticulous worker, every stroke of his has a great spread of pigment, not too light nor dark, just... right. he's already done with everything but minji's lips, as he searched for the perfect color that will match on her. "do you think these lip products are smudge proof?"

"it's also my first time seeing them," minji quietly mumbled, confused as to why renjun suddenly asked about it.

renjun smirked at her, "do you want to find out?"

"are you willing to do my makeup all over again if it's not?" minji chuckled at her boyfriend's antics.

huang renjun pouted because he knew that he doesn't have a lot of time remaining before the show starts. he started to do minji's lips, gulping multiple times in a row and making his girlfriend stifle a laugh because of it. once he's done, minji grabbed a setting spray to imitate the one beauty vlog that she watched last time.

she hurriedly wore her beige lobg sleeved vintage dress that hugs her body in shape, her curves are perfectly defined by it. unfortunately, the zipper was stuck and she couldn't reach it using her fingers. "love, can you help me with the zipper please?" she pleaded, kind of tired because her arms were cramping in attempt to reach for the zipper.

her boyfriend who turned his back at her earlier to give her privacy walked to her back and swiftly put the zipper up. "you look so beautiful," he hugged her from behind as they looked on the mirror in front of them, placing a light kiss on her bare shoulder.

before minji could even respond, they heard a knock on the door as someone from the outside told her, "be ready in 15 minutes!"

he let go of the hug and spun her around, "you'll do well, don't worry." renjun held her hand and guided her outside, "enjoy the play and after that we'll test if the lipstick is smudge proof or not."