35

CHENJI'S THIS AND THAT

CHAEYOUNG
ms. na minji are you
there can you hear
me

CHENLE
obviously, she can't
hear a text message
chaeyoung-ah

JISUNG
can the two of you
stop fighting for once
my head hurts

CHENLE
jisung? peacemaker?

CHAEYOUNG
i think the fuck not

JISUNG
minji where are you :(
:( :( :( :( defend me :( :(

CHAEYOUNG
she told us she'll be at
the airport today why
aren't u listening

CHENLE
is chaeyoung on her
monthly dot

JISUNG
i think so...

JISUNG
WAIT!!!! MINJI'S AT
THE AIRPORT?? ISN'T
RENJUN'S THE ONE
WHO'LL MOVE TO
EUROPE?

MINJI
jisung what are you
so loud for

MINJI
why aren't u listening
to me 😭😭😭😭😭

MINJI
i told u i'm going to
see my dad off he's
going back to canada

CHAEYOUNG
where are you!!! the
museum will close
in 10 mins!!!

MINJI
chillin in the cab
don't worry i'm near

MINJI
wdym 10 mins it's
only 6pm i still have
an hour left

CHENLE
check the time???

MINJI
oh

MINJI
my wristwatch isn't
working.....

MINJI
brb i'm gOING TO
RUN

CHAEYOUNG
come to bbq place
with renjun after u
go there okkkk

"i'm sorry, the convention already ended. we can't let visitors in anymore," the guard sadly told minji who was panting heavily, resting her hands on her knees.

minji wanted to cry but she restrained herself, "s the artist still there?"

the guard looked at the monitor in front of him to check if huang renjun has logged out of system but a staff from the museum called the guard. they talked for a while before the guard and the staff went inside the dome.

it isn't like minji wanted to do something illegal, but she isn't also going to do something wrong inside, right? she took a deep breath before sneaking inside the hall. i don't want to be jailed, she thought but she continued to walk towards renjun's convention.

the lights are already dim since the museum is just minutes away from closing. she saw different scene paintings hung against the wall. they really are fit for renjun's theme which is perfection. he really never fails to amuse her and minji couldn't help but to feel proud looking at the painted works around her. she wanted to shout with all her might that her boyfriend did all of these but she didn't want to be discovered by the staffs.

the largest painting in renjun's convention was already covered by a red cloth. minji looked around to check if someone was watching her before she carefully removed the cloth that was on the painting. as soon as she saw the masterpiece, her smile became brighter.

"did you like the surprise, baby?" she heard renjun asked her from behind. he smoothly entwined their hands as they looked at the artwork together. "i received a perfect grade because of this painting," he kissed her hand.

minji trailed her eyes from the bottom to the top of the painting. her boyfriend captured her features well, he even painted the mole on her collar. the artwork he was talking about is a half body portrait of minji in the dress she wore on her play. it is renjun's first painting of her with her face seen since he was scared back then that he couldn't give his girlfriend's beauty a justice.

renjun looked at her fondly, "it isn't as beautiful as you, though."

"i love it," she turned her head to the side to face him and smiled. "i love you."

renjun leaned in for a slow kiss, making minji close her eyes. as their lips move, they could taste the tears coming from the both of them as he held her hand tighter as if he doesn't want to let her go. it's just distance, right? they both thought as they pulled away.

"is this the last time?" minji asked as she wiped tears from renjun's face.

whether minji was pertaining to their last kiss, last meeting, last time telling they love each other, last time hugging, or last meal together, renjun didn't hesitate to reply, "i love you so much."