09

present

present

minji felt gazes on her as she walked her way to find a seat in the lecture hall. news surely spread fast, her new classmates seemed to know about her already even though this is her first time attending the class in her new university. she sat on the farthest back, not really wanting to talk to anybody.

the pairs of eyes on her became more intense as she plugged her earphones while waiting for the professor to arrive. even though she was blasting music, she could still hear what the people in her class say about her.

"isn't she the girl who kicked a senior's ass earlier?"

"she must be crazy."

"is she sure she wanted to become an actress? with that image?"

minji shut her eyes tight, only to be opened again when she felt something moved beside her. a brown haired guy sat on her right, smiling as he leaned back on his seat.

"you're pretty popular, huh?" the guy turned his head towards her. he seemed really friendly but minji ignored him and closed her eyes again. however, the guy doesn't seemed to be pleased by minji's action so he pouted, "you took my spot and now you're ignoring me?"

minji sighed, still eyes closed, "then you should've just told me to leave."

"na minji."

the sudden mention of her full name finally made her open her eyes and look at the guy beside her, "how did you know my name?"

"i told you, you're popular. everyone in this room probably knows who you are," he beamed at her, obviously not bothered by the pairs of eyes staring at them now. "i'm liu yangyang, by the way."

minji lazily grabbed her things and shoved it inside her bag, making yangyang widen his eyes because he knew she's gonna move to another seat. "you're not very friendly, are you?"

"and you're very talkative, aren't you?" she retorted but didn't sound mean, her tone was rather affable. she decided to stay seated beside the boy when she saw that the seats are almost filled by groups.

she took off her earphones and yangyang talked to her even though she only responds with a hum or nod. she learned that he's a music major, an aspiring violinist and a rapper-which was kinda odd if you consider the contrast of genres. she also knew from him that this is a special class, most of the students enrolled was either a transferee or probably flunked this subject, and older than her. yangyang talked to her about a lot of things, including that he's older than her by a year and he's from germany.

oh my god, he's like donghyuck, she thought when the boy couldn't stop blabbering. i'll never let them meet.

"you know logan? the wolverine? my friend looks like him," yangyang lay his head on the desk but he's still facing minji.

minji put her elbow on the desk and rested her chin on her palm, facing yangyang, "is it the xiaojun guy?"

"do you know him?"

minji shook her head, "you described him earlier, he's the most fitting i guess?"

to her surprise, yangyang rose up from laying his head on the table and sat up straight while still looking at minji but this time, his eyes are sparkling, "you're listening to me!"

"of course i am. you're talking to me, why wouldn't i listen?" she said like it was the most obvious thing but he beamed at her in delight.

yangyang was used to people talking to him just to flirt or to make him introduce them to his friends, not really listening to what he was saying when they conversed. it was only the second time he approached a person first because of it but he felt glad that he did. "you're so kind."

minji froze on her spot, she definitely didn't expect that compliment. everyone sees her as a troublemaker, kind is most probably the last thing people think when they meet her. unconsciously, her lips curled into a smile, making yangyang beam at her more.

suddenly, yangyang waved at someone behind minji, motioning that someone to closer to them, "i thought you couldn't attend today's class?"

minji dropped her smile when she heard a familiar voice answered yangyang, "mr. lee called the classes off so i rushed here. has ms. kang arrive yet?"

"you're lucky she's late," yangyang chuckled. he noticed that minji was still facing him so he put his hands on her shoulder to turn her around. "look, renjun! i made a friend, her name is na minji."

renjun couldn't take his eyes off her while minji couldn't look at him. noticing the tension, yangyang decided to speak, "you should be friends because you have history together."

huang renjun was sure that he didn't mention her name when yangyang asked if he had liked someone before. did minji tell him? he shook his head, there's no way minji will tell anyone about that.

at the second thought, he sighed in relief. he realized that yangyang was talking about the subject of their class now, not about their past, and minji also seemed to realize it, also sighing in relief.

"but i think you already know her, she's new but she's already popular."

renjun shook his head in disagreement before sitting beside minji, "no, it's my first time meeting her."

minji knew that she asked for this. she asked renjun to forget about her before she left him. she wanted this... but why did her heart hurt when she heard him say that he doesn't know her?