05

three years ago

three years ago

somehow, jisung and chenle became close and were often seen hanging out with the seniors, renjun's group of friends. sometimes, they would eat lunch with chaeyoung and minji but most of the time, they're with their group of friends like what they were doing now.

"it's a shame that jisung and chenle aren't with us. i have something to share to you guys," chaeyoung pouted as she played with her chopsticks.

minji looked at her as a sign that she's paying attention, "you can tell that to them later at our vacant, but i'm curious, what happened?"

"you wouldn't believe it," chaeyoung placed her utensils on her bowl and put the back of her palms on her chin. "i was almost got punched by someone last night! there were five students who showed up in the convenience store where i was working and they wanted to buy alcoholic drinks but i refused because they're minors."

minji immediately got alarmed, "ya, are you okay? did they hurt you?"

chaeyoung smiled at her friend's concerned face, "luckily, a boy with a cute hoodie defended me. he threw a cup of uncooked ramyeon on one of the students and that shit was so cool! it's such a shame that i didn't see his face clearly because he ran away when the minors chased him." in spite of disappointment, chaeyoung continued to tell minji the story while her eyes were sparkling in delight, "it turned out that he called the cops beforehand so they caught the students last night. but the police said they haven't seen a boy wearing a hoodie last night. i hope he's safe, though."

"i'm glad you're safe, and i will thank that boy who saved you for the rest of my life," minji giggled, making chaeyoung giggle too because of her friend's sweet words.

chaeyoung continued eating, only to be stopped when she noticed a group approaching their table, "oh my god, are they really going towards us?"

minji was usually unbothered by this kind of things but chaeyoung's tone made her curious so she looked behind her. there she saw chenle and jisung with their group of senior friends approaching their table. minji is close with her brother, but she hasn't really hung out with jaemin's friends so she finds it awkward to sit with them during lunch.

"can we sit here?" donghyuck winked at the girls, causing the other boys to groan in annoyance, especially jaemin.

minji's aura suddenly became protective, "don't hit on my best friend, player."

donghyuck chuckled in amusement as he leaned towards minji, "your sister is really feisty, jaemin-ah. i like it."

all of a sudden, donghyuck's ear was pulled by renjun who put his food tray on the girls' table. "you should stop that before jaemin punch you," he glared at donghyuck who looked at jaemin who's also giving him a death glare.

jeno sat beside minji and smiled at her, "sorry about that, but he is really nice when you get to know him."

"he's just really playful but he's not a player," mark added as he sat beside jeno.

minji doesn't remember agreeing to their invite to eat lunch together but the boys already sat with them, surrounding the girls. chenle and jisung sat beside chaeyoung, jisung on the left and chenle on right, as renjun sat beside chenle while jaemin sat beside his sister and donghyuck on jaemin's left. chaeyoung became a blushing mess because renjun sat near her.

"hyung, you're unusually eating more today," jisung pointed at renjun, earning glances from the group.

renjun paused from eating to drink water then he said, "i haven't eaten anything since last night."

"oh, really? i bet you were eating someone's face last night," donghyuck snickered, earning laughs from the boys since they knew renjun hasn't had his first kiss yet. or so they thought.

minji suddenly choked on her food. jaemin immediately handed her a bottle of water as rubbed her back while she was still struggling, she couldn't stop herself from coughing.

renjun became flustered but he still managed to cover it up by rolling his eyes at donghyuck, "i told you, i was asleep last night that's why i couldn't answer your calls right away." but donghyuck only laughed at him, believing what renjun has just said. after all, he was just teasing renjun.

"you're both so obvious," chenle whispered to renjun in chinese.

renjun felt his heartbeat getting faster as cold sweat started to form on his forehead, "how did you know?"

chenle smirked at him, "i saw your favorite hoodie in minji's bag. don't worry, only i saw it. i just happened to see her fixing her bag before going downstairs."

"what are you guys talking about?" asked mark, who was sitting across them. he heard their conversation but he became confused because he can't understand chinese.

chenle just gave him an innocent smile, "i was just asking hyung if i can eat one of his egg rolls."