26

renjun doesn't like the idea of hanging out with his childhood friends from china, those he befriended in gradeschool before he moved to korea to study in middleschool

renjun doesn't like the idea of hanging out with his childhood friends from china, those he befriended in gradeschool before he moved to korea to study in middleschool. he knows that it isn't right to judge a person based on his or her social media personality but his friends' posts made him feel uncomfortable since they looked like they have changed for the worse for renjun.

and he isn't wrong about that.

there is nothing wrong being proud of your dream but belittling others'? that's a different story. renjun regretted that he decided to hang out with them after minji rejected his offer of a date. as soon as he informed them that he's taking visual arts as his major, laughters filled the circle because as what one of them said, anyone can do art, it isn't special. funny enough, renjun tightened his grip on his phone as he thought, they didn't even let me say that i'm majoring in engineering too.

he decided to stay silent as he scrolled through his naver searches for how to ask your crush out. he tried his very best not to roll his eyes when his "friends" mocked him about how he will not be able to have a girlfriend because of his boring major. he's also embarrassed that people inside the cafe now probably judge them because of how loud his group is.

one of his friends tried to say something in between his laughters, "so, junnie, can you paint me-"

"hi!"

a cheerful voice greeted them as the laughters died down, eyes focused on the short haired girl wearing a large cardigan on top of her white shirt inner and washed blue denim shorts. renjun, however, seemed not to be interested as he just scrolled through his searches again, he didn't even bothered to look up to see the girl.

"i saw you looking at my friend and i so i decided to introduce myself," the lady charmed the group with her smile. "unfortunately, my friend already has a boyfriend, but can i still keep you company?"

the boys immediately nodded like a person under a spell, casually pushing each other to make room for the girl to sit beside them. but it seemed like the girl locked her eyes on a seat beside renjun, as she walked towards him, "hi, can i sit here?"

renjun didn't mean to be rude but he blurted out, still not paying attention to anyone but his phone, "can't you sit anywhere else?"

the girl sounded sad as she told him, "if you don't like it, i can just go back to my friend."

his friends uproared, "ya, renjun-ah, it isn't like you have a girlfriend. come on, let her sit beside you and enjoy. it's just simple as that."

he shut his eyes tightly, annoyed by his friends as well as the girl who's insisting to sit beside him. what if minji sees this? i could her hurt just by this simple thing, he thought as he looked up to the girl, determined not to let her do what she wanted.

"can you move to make some room for me or should i just sit on your lap instead?" minji asked in korean and plastered a big grin at renjun, whose eyes are now widened due to shock as he frantically moved to the side, making the girl sit beside him and slightly regretting that he didn't make her sit on his lap.

renjun couldn't seem to recover from shock but the other boys are now eagerly talking to minji, asking her about everything they have thought of asking.

"wow, i thought you were chinese at first because you speak chinese well. so you were born in busan?" one of renjun's friends asked minji, who is in her actress mode.

minji nodded enthusiastically, "yes, but i want to improve my chinese... someone suggested that dating is actually a good language learning tool."

the boys seemed to be excited about what minji has said, "so... who's your type among us?"

she seductively bit her lip before turning her face towards renjun's direction, "him." renjun gulped at the way minji was staring at him, her eyes boring to his, and renjun could only think of smashing his lips onto hers. "with that face, i think he's really popular," minji trailed her fingers on renjun's jaw.

"he's an arts major," one of the boys let out a smug grin that soon faded when minji looked at renjun with more intensity.

"oh, arts. who wouldn't go crazy for that?"

minji didn't stop staring at renjun, and the boy didn't know what to do other than melting to her gaze. "should we just ditch them and have a date instead?" renjun asked her boldly, aware that his friends are listening to their conversation.

the girl smiled at him, standing up from her seat, followed by renjun. the boy only smiled cockily at his friends before leaving the cafe, while minji sent a flying kiss to chaeyoung who watched the whole scene.

the two swayed their entwined hands, face crimsoned because of what has happened. renjun decided to speak, "i honestly thought you were out with yangyang... thanks for saving me back there."

"i'm sorry, i thought i'd spend time with chaeyoung today," minji rubbed her thumb against renjun's birthmark.

renjun held her hand tightly, "i'm sorry, my friends' logic is-"

"you won't have a girlfriend because of your major? that's really absurd."

"yeah... but it isn't completely wrong though-nevermind," he mumbled quietly but minji heard it loud and clear.

"renjun-ah," minji called him as she stopped walking, making the boy stop too.

it is the first time she called renjun by his first name so he was really taken aback but he soon recollected himself as he asked, "why? is there something wrong?"

"will you be my boyfriend?"